What's new

IT's Back: HSU Pre-Order Savings! Up to $250! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
And you still can't answer. What are you afraid of? Why bring me into it?

Yeah, that's why I posted...my name was brought in for some reason. I don't care who sells what to whom (Hsu's a sponsor, after all), but people oughtta know who's giving them their info. I also believe that people deserve whatever equipment their research leads them to.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Arthur,

That was another good one (the joke, not the sentence). Not as good as the Pee Wee Herman line, but still good. My point is that I'm not an employee of SVS, and they certainly don't pay (or even ask) me to post anything. Truth be told, they're probably wishing I would stay out of this thread and do something useful.

For the record, I have no problem with a forum member promoting a sale on a company's (any company's) product. I also have not come into this thread to promote ANY products. I was not the one who brought up any competing brands. You seem to think my "relationship" with SVS has anything to do with your attacks. Have you been asked to post anything? Have you been given or offered a discount from Hsu Research or BIC America for any reason? If so, should that prevent you from pointing out poor behavior on a forum, or from promoting/endorsing their products?

-Robb

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
AlanZ quote:

I stick by the fact that I have NEVER heard anybody from Hsu rip into SVS ON THIS BOARD!! Sure it happens but I have not heard it here. This forum is basicaly SVS's message board.....face it. I am not a "fanboy"...just someone who is interested in good products and good service. This is why I like Hsu and SVS. Calling Peter a talking head pretty much proves my original point. IF you call Peter that then I suggest you search around and read some of TV's posts when he gets in pissing contests.....he sounds like a 5 year old. I think Ron shouldbe the spokesperson myself but that is my opinion............I am just a "fanboy" LOL!!

mackie

Supporting Actor
Comparing speakers is a lot like comparing dogs, and you better not say your dog is better than mine... Them's fightin' words:)

What I've found is if you write something negative about a speaker you better expect that someone will respond negatively.

If you really like to argue, go ahead and write something negative about SVS or Hsu. Someone will gladly accept your invitation.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Evan, spare me the crap....that's about the dumbest post I've ever read on here. Like I said, if you don't know some of the ways that Peter Marcks has been completely out of line and unprofessional on this very forum, then you're clueless. My issue is not with Hsu....it's with Arthur and Peter Marcks. Arthur is a big boy....he can handle himself, and he and I disagree just fine without needing your ridiculous input into the equation.

The Hsu fanboys like yourself LOVE to think that people who promote SVS products are doing so because of ANYTHING OTHER than the real reason. The real reason why so many of us are loyal is because of what happened when we gave SVS our hard-earned money. They sent us something in the mail that offered TREMENDOUS value for the money, raised our HT and music experience to an entirely new level, and then they made DAMN SURE that you were satisfied in every way. THAT'S why people love SVS. So go play with your Hsu and get over it.

Run along now....

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Alan,

I think anyone should be allowed to post in any thread -- they just have to back up what they're saying. To tell him he might be looking through rose colored lenses is one thing, but telling Evan to "run along" ain't right.

-Robb

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

It is very difficult to take anything you say seriously when you present yourself like a 5 year old. Once again you are proving my original point....thank you for making things so easy for me.....

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Robb,
Thank you for that. I should have not said that "connections with SVS" statement in my first post......it had no merit....my bad. It is just that I have been a member of this forum as long...if not longer than most of the people on this thread and almost EVERY time a Hsu thread is started an SVS guy chimes in VERY quick. Very rarely is it the other way around. Like I said before, I have no ties with either company and would love to do business with one or both of them in the near future.....at this point in time Hsu seems the best for my situation. When I get a dedicated theater in my basement then I think an SVS might be knocking on my door.

a bit off topic.......do you still have those Bostons?? Like I said, I have been here awhile and I remember most Boston speaker fans since there are so few of us around here.....

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Yeah, I know Robb, and I hate when I feel the need to be rude, caues it's not really good for anyone. But unfortunately in this case, I think Evan is just being a complete ass. His initial post brought inflammatory issues into the thread that were completely unrelated. People who run around making assumptions and inferences of what people say, yet at the same time completely disregarding their own hypocrisy, are pretty much people I consider a-holes.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Evan,

Thanks for the apology. One of my pet peeves is when people use objective data to support their product of choice one moment, and move to "genius" and "musical" as soon as the objective data doesn't support their position. I was feeling irritated over that one day when I saw a guy post about "genius" and "musical" qualities about a sub who I thought had previously posted about THD and other objective measurements. I jumped all over him. In the end, he'd always subscribed to the "musical" thing, so I owed him an apology. It might take us all some time to realize we're wrong, but the right thing to do is admit it.

Like you, I've been around a while -- almost four years now on this forum.

Yes, I still have the Bostons, and I absolutely love them! I also have the SVS SBS-01 system in my office theater, but they won't replace my Boston Acoustics VR-M90s in the "big" system. Of course, the two aren't even close to being in the same price range. We'll see what their future speakers offer. Before I get accused of anything, no, I have not done any consulting for Boston Acoustics, I just think it's a great product (just as I felt about SVS long before I did any work for them).

Whatever sub you choose, I'm sure you'll love it.

-Robb

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Alan,

I completely understand the feeling. I see fans of both manufacturers jump on each other, and both claim it is the fans of the other that do it. It gets really frustrating, and we're all prone to losing our temper in those situations. Of course, that only makes it worse... Heaven knows I probably haven't helped one bit in this thread.

You, Evan and I should have a beer some time and laugh about all this stuff. Arthur, too, if he apologizes to Jack and Jimi C.

-Robb

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Robb: That's exactly it...If there is anyone who champions the idea of people spending their money on whatever product they want to, it's ME. I couldn't care less if someone buys an Hsu....doesn't affect me in the slightest. Arthur and I have been going back and forth about his Hsu preorder posts for a few months now...it's damn near tradition between us. It had nothing to do with the Hsu product or people who purchase Hsu stuff.

As for the beer, maybe you can meet Arthur and I at the CES in Vegas next year :)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

Between your barrage of insults maybe you could take an extra minute to point out where I did this........and where YOU did not do this.....

I said one thing that I should not have said and already apologized for it.....my "connections with SVS" comment....which although true....had no reason to be pointed out. You have called me naive, and ass, an a-hole, a fanboy, clueless, my posts are dumb, crap, and rediculous and I am a hypocrite. You have been here almost as long as I have....surely you know name calling is a no no by now?? I could easily report this to a mod or put you on my ignore list but that is not the way I do things. I have enjoyed reading a lot of your posts and enjoyed the Maggie thread you started awhile back.......maybe you are having a bad day, we all do.

We are all here for one common thing.....the shear enjoyment of HT. Though I have my own opinions and thoughts on audio and video I try to make it a habit to not get personal and drag name calling into this. The only time I came close to POSSIBLY insulting someone I apologized and moved on. I am certainly not saying I handle everything perfectly....far from it...but there are a lot of bigger things in the world to get angry and call people names over.....a speaker should not be one of them.............Disagree with me all you want.......I have no problem with that at all....don't call me names though please.

Jongyoon Lee

Stunt Coordinator
After reading all these posts, I don't think I'll want to buy SVS or HSU for my next sub.

I somewhat agree with Evan though. There are just too many members religiously advertise and defend the product they support, without realizing negative impact it might have on potential future owners. Audio is a hobby, not a religion. Lighten up. If you see a post you don't like, just move on. If you feel like flaming someone, go to avsforum and flame there. ;)

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Evan, I'm really not into the rubber and glue thing....if you go back and read the posts, the one who started throwing around all the fanboy crap was you. Arthur and I were having a perfectly civil argument, and as I said before he's more than capable of defending himself. He knows that I'm partially busting his nuts, and until you got involved the thread was relatively civil with a few misunderstandings. As I said above, this is NOT an Hsu vs. SVS thing with me. I don't care what people buy. If you go back through my posts, you'll see that I recommend all sorts of gear....from Paradigm and Magnepans, to the Hsu ventriloquist system and new SVS 5.1 and 7.1 packages. PSB, Totem, Outlaw, Denon, B&K, etc, etc, etc. The one who started up the SVS vs. Hsu thing was you, bro...If you go back and look through some of my OTHER posts, you'll see that I criticized a guy by the name of Eric:F for doing the same thing about Salk speakers. He was like a broken record for a while, but when I called him on it he apologized for coming off that way and said he was just excited about the product. GREAT! That's how it should be! But the whole SVS vs Hsu thing is stupid....SVS is clearly better. :laugh:

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Jongyoon, Arthur S is one of my favorite posters on here....There's very little he could do that would make me not like him...he's mature enough to tolerate my jabs when he does something I disagree with, and I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing to me.

As for your subwoofer, if you let something like this thread steer you away from SVS or Hsu, I think you're the one who needs to lighten up, my friend :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks