1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

It's awfully quiet on the Denon avr 4802 front

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Peveler, Oct 4, 2001.

1. Mike Peveler

Mike Peveler Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone have any reviews, comparisons, or opinions, good, bad, or indifferent?

2. Michael Lee

Michael Lee Supporting Actor

I am pretty sure I posted about this before. I have one and I love it. It is powerful and sounds great. It is typical in setting up just like my previous Denon receivers. I am using it with an Atlantic Technology 450THX speaker system (with an additional Sunfire Tru Sub). I love the DPLII, which can be found on numerous recievers at this point. I am very satisfied with this purchase and would not hesitate to recommend this to others.
    ------------------
    Sound InSight Audio Video
    My Home Theater Pics
    My Equipment List
    My DVD Collection
    My LD Collection

3. Sean_B

Sean_B Stunt Coordinator

How do you like it for 2 channel music? What receiver were you using before and how much better is it for 2 channel music listening?

4. Michael Lee

Michael Lee Supporting Actor

I have not done any critical listening to 2-channel music yet. I have played around with DVD-Audio a bit, and that sounded great. We just moved in to this house a couple of months ago, so we listened to the 4802 with 2-channel music for background music while we painted and other things. I most recently used, in chronological order, a Denon 3802, 5800, 5700, Outlaw 750, and a Yamaha 995. I have multiple setups right now, and the 5800 will be in the other room.
    ------------------
    Sound InSight Audio Video
    My Home Theater Pics
    My Equipment List
    My DVD Collection
    My LD Collection

5. DEAN DE FURIA

DEAN DE FURIA Stunt Coordinator

I've had mine for two weeks and I love it. It replaced a 5700. I find the quality of sound to be similar to the 5700, that is slightly warm but very detailed. It sounds great on 2 channnel material but I find myself using PLII with 2 channel sources because it sounds too good not to. I have absolutely no complaints, I even have gotten used to the remote! A quality unit overall.