What's new

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (Season 7) (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Didn't much care for this episode, but I give them credit for doing something different. Definitely some very funny moments (Mac at the drive-in was hilarious, and the asian family), but it just seemed way out there as a whole.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I remember reading an article from just before the season premiere that mentioned an episode shot during season 6 would air during the current run, and I wondered how it would work considering Mac's big size difference. It looks like they cannibalized it to make tonight's episode. Since everything in the confessional was far and away the funniest stuff in the episode, that was A-OK by me. It was clever how they intercut between Dennis and Charlie's weird fume-induced trance dance that was obviously shot for the original episode and the newly shot conversation that Fat Mac imagined Frank and Dee having in the same room.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So-so episode. Frank putting up the two extra stop signs thinking it would stop all traffic was funny. What was up with Charlie being the smart one in this episode?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Charlie's mesmerizing techno-dance was a huge standout for me, last night. So, they actually did film all that stuff long before filming for the main season began, and then shot the rest after Fat Mac had reached his peak? Just the commitment alone makes this episode amazing. And was the bar really busy, or was that just bullshit for Mac's story? Was it all a "Usual Suspects"-esque ruse in order to blame the gang for his obesity? "Glory unto You, Ghost-Man in the sky..." Delighted by the "crevice"-bit. Also, Huffer Charlie looks like a lost McPoyle-brother.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
joshEH said:
So, they actually did film all that stuff long before filming for the main season began, and then shot the rest after Fat Mac had reached his peak? Just the commitment alone makes this episode amazing.
Not exactly. They'd shot an extra episode during Season 6 that didn't air, for whatever reason. I remember promos for the sixth season as a whole with footage that appeared to be filmed for the episode. It looks like they chopped it up and mixed it with newly shot footage to turn it into a story about Mac's weight gain. AFAIK, everything with Dennis, Charlie and skinny Mac was shot for that original episode. Only the confessional booth framing device and Mac's imagined conversation between Frank and Dee at the end were shot this season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
When you wait 7 years to reveal a character's full name, it better be awesome. And Mac's name definitely way. I wonder if Nikki whatsherface is the Waitress?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Goddammit, Adam, I just came in here about to post the same theory (re: The Waitress). Ninja'd! (by about 11 hours, but still ninja'd) "Don't tell me how to mix my own inhalants. I know how to do inhalants." And I can't decide if I want next week's episode to more of the gang getting shit on, or if I want them to get their revenge -- it could go either way on this show. Looking forward to "Plan B."

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
joshEH said:
Goddammit, Adam, I just came in here about to post the same theory (re: The Waitress). Ninja'd! (by about 11 hours, but still ninja'd)
Just when I was feeling all smug, but then Glenn Howerton tweeted this: Sorry, but the Waitress' name is not Nikki Potnick. If u wanna know who N.Potnick is, re-watch S.1 Underage Drinking. First 10 mins.

Sure enough, found the clip here, and Nikki Potnick is the classmate whose car they drove into a tree on Kelly Drive, while Sweet Dee was in the backseat puking all over the headrest. So either they wanted to keep one character's name a mystery, or we've got an even better reveal in part 2.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
If Glenn Howerton says it, I suppose it has to be true, but I don't know how that clip proves it's not her.

Pretty funny seeing a much skinnier (and younger) Mac.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, but the Waitress' name is not Nikki Potnick. If u wanna know who N.Potnick is, re-watch S.1 Underage Drinking. First 10 mins.
Interestingly enough, IIRC, Someone referred to Mac's name being Kyle in that same episode. Wonder why Fatty Magoo doesn't seem to be present at the reunion so far. As far as the Waitress's name, feeling stupid that the thought that Nikki Potnick was her name went over my head. But my thought going into the episode was that how would they explain no nametag for The Waitress (assuming her name was not going to be revealed). So when she said she couldn't find her's, I just assumed the description of her being so forgettable was the excuse. But, I guess in the end, I was right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks