What's new

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Season 12 (FXX) (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The single funniest thing in an episode stuffed with funny things was the tiny fist at the end of the giant veiny dildo.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The single funniest thing in an episode stuffed with funny things was the tiny fist at the end of the giant veiny dildo.

Funny, but I get the feeling that FXX may have stopped short of allowing a full penis shaped dildo to be shown

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Creativity arises from overcoming limitations, not complete freedom.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"Stuff it down with brown."

There's really a lot the members of the Reynolds family can accomplish when they have the worst of intentions. Also, I was laughing throughout Dennis and Charlie's performance at the end. The stilted dialogue, the pantomimed game of catch, the clothes, and Dennis's frustration with the hecklers added up to something great.

Though I will say, the guys getting caught up in "The War On Women" was really wasted as sort of an afterthought-motivation for Dennis and Charlie to keep doing what they had already decided on. There's an entire episode there, easy.

I'm really glad Dennis's rape-trauma and contempt for librarians didn't come to a head at the end of the episode. That's ripe for a subtle long-term joke.

This was a great episode. Very tight story and constant laughs.

("Charming Taint-Man?")

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"Stuff it down with brown."

There's really a lot the members of the Reynolds family can accomplish when they have the worst of intentions. Also, I was laughing throughout Dennis and Charlie's performance at the end. The stilted dialogue, the pantomimed game of catch, the clothes, and Dennis's frustration with the hecklers added up to something great.

Though I will say, the guys getting caught up in "The War On Women" was really wasted as sort of an afterthought-motivation for Dennis and Charlie to keep doing what they had already decided on. There's an entire episode there, easy.

I'm really glad Dennis's rape-trauma and contempt for librarians didn't come to a head at the end of the episode. That's ripe for a subtle long-term joke.

This was a great episode. Very tight story and constant laughs.

("Charming Taint-Man?")

Is he blowing someone?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"My finger touched your asshole!!"

Jesus Christ, Dee just went full-Cartman.

Rickety Cricket as McConaughey's Magic Mike M.C. by way of Dallas Buyer's Club was a great touch, as was his appearance right after Dee claimed she makes men's lives better.

And that "thumbs-up" from Mac while the stripper was grinding on him was adorable.

Still gay.

Gay, rich ($14) Mac.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That probably wasn't the darkest the show's ever gone, but it was definitely the darkest that Sweet Dee has ever gone. Holy shit.

Probably the weakest episode so far this season, but still not a terrible one. This has definitely been the strongest season since the Fat Mac season.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"For pay, or for free?"
"Uh, for free, I guess..."

The tapeworm, and the idea that Frank and Charlie could just go in and pull the dead worm out of his ass was good.

The fact that the tapeworm was named "Jerry."

Frank getting shit off the darkweb to stuff up his ass.

How speechless Dennis was when he saw the RPG.

How Mac leaving it out in the alley all day was no big deal.

The idea that Dennis and Mac could just go out in the street and fire off an RPG.

My favorite thing about this episode might be that The Gang seems to have fully embraced the idea that Dennis has no feelings, though there's also the tapeworm stuff, and Charlie's attempt to improvise a song under threat of anthrax. Another solid episode.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Rewatched this latest one again. Just the simple hook of the fact that they never actually work really...well, worked for me. The bar seems to have these strange periods where it's in danger of actually becoming successful ("How Mac Got Fat" comes to mind), which The Gang naturally fucks up simply by being The Gang.

"MAC!! MAC!! MAC!! MAC!!" "Thanks for the chant, guys," complete with Dee's expression, just killed me.

See also: "Oh, a booze-for-money scheme. Who thought of that?" "WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THE IDEA OF A BAR! WHICH IS WHAT WE OWN!!"

And, of course:

"As a gay man who is clearly more sensitive than the rest of you..." I'm loving Gay Mac. Replacing his religion-as-superiority complex with a gay-as-superiority complex is just perfect.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"You gotta pay to spray, that's my motto."

Cricket's pained grunt when he sucked on the lemons killed me. (I think the whole, paying-Cricket-in-lemons-gag was started way back in "Mac's Big Break"?)

David Hornsby carried this episode well, but the funniest scenes were still his interactions with The Gang. I also enjoyed the Aladdin-riff in the opening. "I may be a street-rat, but I still got your bread, bitch!!"

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought the Cricket episode was a wasted opportunity. Instead of the half-assed storyline with the family business, I would have just liked to see a normal day in the life of Cricket when he's not hanging around the gang. It started off so promising with the bread chase, landing in the dumpster full of shit, and then eating the bread with shit-covered hands.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Agreed that this maybe wasn't the series' best episode, but was still pretty decent. And yeah, would love to see an entire Cricket-centric episode just of him out on his own. (So, despite the hallucinations, Cricket still has world-class parkour-skills, yes?)

Loved all the little Disney-references sprinkled throughout this ep. But nothing topped that opening chase. Good God, that was tremendous, especially the old lady with a walker falling on the gumballs.

And was honestly expecting an incest-angle to be the penny-drop on Belle, not PCP-induced bestiality.

(...Looking at that sentence makes me appreciate this show even more.)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I expected Belle to be his sister too but I guess they did tease it as a dog if you caught the clues.

I loved his Parkour down the side of that building.
Totally out of no where

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Now THAT'S a finale.

Wow.

Definitely the most impactful episode they've ever done.

In a new interview with Glenn Howerton, he says they're taking a break, and next season will still be a while off. And Glenn may not immediately return. No hard feelings, or anything. But they already have a couple more seasons ordered.

I could see them going 2-3 episodes without Dennis next season, and then bringing him back. If anything, I can't wait to see Dennis in the small-town Midwest life. My God, it could be glorious.

I feel like Glenn Howerton is saying these things just to fully commit to Dennis leaving. It certainly leaves me hyped for next season. Also, I remember reading he and Patton Oswalt have a pilot they are doing for NBC. So, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Anyways, fun season. Liked seeing them try different things like the musical episode, "Making a Murderer," and Rickety Cricket episodes. I think the water-park, lottery-ticket, and the finale were my favorites of the season.

Can't wait for next season.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait to see Dennis in the small-town Midwest life. My God, it could be glorious.

Well, he didn't even do very well in suburban Philly, I can't see him making it in the Dakotas

These 10 episode seasons are frustratingly short.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a front-loaded season, starting with a string of great episodes and then petering out a bit toward the end.

This finale, though, had a lot of great moments: Opening Mac's bedroom door to reveal the Ass Pounder dildo bike. Frank's "decent" proposal to Dennis's baby mama at the restaurant. Charlie finally getting the Waitress, and completely losing interest immediately afterward. Dennis's baby mama noticing the blood seeping through his shirt long before the gunshot sound effect. The various callbacks with the various dance moves. The rocket launcher.

My guess is whether Dennis rejoins the fold quickly will depend on a) whether Glenn's NBC pilot gets picked up to series; b) whether said series gets cancelled quickly or not; and c) whether FXX is willing to delay future scenes until a hole opens up in his NBC schedule. The math is probably further complicated by the fact that Kaitlin Olson's unique contract guarantees that a certain part of the year she's available to shoot "The Mick" and a certain part of the years she's available to shoot "Sunny". The good news is that FX has proved with "Louie" that they're willing to wait until the creative forces behind a show are ready to continue. And a lengthier gap could provide the writing team (Glenn, Rob and Charlie included) time to recharge their creative batteries.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
This is all smoke and mirrors -- Dennis is gonna be back in the very first scene of the new season with a bloody stroller saying, "WELL, THAT DIDN'T WORK OUT..."

I keep saying how great it is that Megan Ganz (of Community) is in charge this season. I don't think it's a coincidence that the one she took over is the freshest it's felt in years.

Of course, this episode also revealed that It's Always Sunny... is a prequel to Fargo:

8cc650aab964f6d6a0166f7ddd1186b4ce47eadf729c484321b8d84de1daf523.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks