It's almost that time of year again...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Getson, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Dave Getson

Dave Getson Stunt Coordinator

Christmas. The one time of year I get to ask the people I love to help me with my obsession. This year I'm looking for a CD player. Since it's Christmas, there is no budget restraints. Just remember that the chances of me getting one are better if it's less expensive! [​IMG]
    I'm not looking for anything really fancy. A 5 disk changer would be perfect. I don't need any major bells and whistles, just good quality sound.
    I have a Yamaha RXV1000 receiver and Mirage OM7 speakers (if that helps anyone).
    Let me know what you guys would recommend. You guys are the greatest *sniff*. Ok....I gotta go now...before I start to cry! haha

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

What have you seen or read about that strikes your fancy thus far?

3. Dave Getson

I've just started my search, so this is actually the first place I've looked. I saw a Sony (the model slips my mind) that looked nice, but I didn't have time to listen to it. There are a few high end dealer around my area, so I will be able to find just about anything. I've made some friends at most places by going there so much, so I'm sure taking some home and auditioning them won't be a problem.

4. Dave Getson

Ok...I've checked out a few players and found this one:

Harman/Kardon FL8380 5-Disc HDCD Carousel Changer

I haven't heard it, but I like the way it looks!! Has anyone had any experience with this CD player? Any opinions?

5. Shion_ca

Shion_ca Stunt Coordinator

I would consider the Sony CE775 if you are looking at that range of price. The 775 plays SACD's as a bonus and if you do a look at the reviews on A.R. their were some complaints about the quality of the HK unit.

6. Dave Getson

Yeah, I did see some of those reviews....they made me think twice. I'll check out that Sony for sure! The hunt continues! [​IMG]