It's All Relative pilot

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by BridgetJZ, Oct 2, 2003.

1. BridgetJZ

BridgetJZ Second Unit

Did anyone watch the It's all Relative pilot on ABC last night?? I've been sort of keeping up w/ new shows this fall and read a few good reviews a few days ago. Overall, I liked it, thought it was really witty.

Did anyone else watch?

2. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

I didn't but my mom did and she really liked it. I actually came on here to see what other people thought. Anyone?

3. RafaelB

RafaelB Second Unit

I watched it due to the buzz and coming from Storyline entertainment (producers of "Chicago", "Gypsy" (1993), "Annie", etc.), I thought it would be pretty good.

I was pretty satisfied, although I thought it suffered from exposition-itis, as many pilots are wont to do, but I liked it enough to look forward to watching it next week. [​IMG]

Rafael

4. BridgetJZ

BridgetJZ Second Unit

Well, I watched again last night bc I was curious to see how things would start to roll out as the show progresses...

First of all, I loved the naked scene, thought it was so funny.

I also like how we're getting more of mom, and how most of the characters are really starting to take shape.

Rafeal - did you watch?? Or did anyone else?

5. RafaelB

RafaelB Second Unit

I thought it was okay. Still within the confines of 'sitcom predictability' styles, but there were a few laugh out loud comments/parts that are keeping me waiting for the next episode.

I liked the nudity at the end and the mom's quips about Liz dropping Harvard in the beginning. I thought the end credits sequence was really cute and, gladly, balanced her dads' relationship (I was ready to throw in the towel since all they did was bicker, but that little scene saved it).

Anyone else's thoughts?

Rafael