It's a small world....

Larry B

Screenwriter
Last night after work I stopped by a local audio shop in NYC to hear the Revel Studio's. The salesman was helping another customer, with whom I entered into a conversation about all the usual stuff (speakers, HT, etc.). To make a long story short, after a short while we realized that we knew each other from HTF: The other customer was RickyT. (A real nice fellow, I might add.)

This was the first time I knowingly encountered another HTF member, and I must say that it really was fun. And best of all, I'd like to think that I made a new friend. Thanks HTF.

Larry

Aslam Imran

Second Unit
I would be more curious to know how the HTF topic came up for you to realize that he was a member too? You both must have spoken to each other for a long time for that to happen.

Larry B

Screenwriter
Aslam:

Actually, when I mentioned to the salesman that I lived in New Jersey, Ricky inquired about the particular town. When I replied "Hackensack," he figured it out. Pretty sharp, huh?

Larry

Aslam Imran

Second Unit
That is sharp. Ricky probably remembers where all the HTF members live, so you tell him the name of the town and he'll tell who you are

GaryMil

Stunt Coordinator
It is a small world. As I posted awhile back, Steve Simon (HTF Administrator) just happens to be a neighbor of mine and was kind enough to let me audition his HT. Awesome system

Hey Steve, because of that HT demo, I ended up ordering a SVS 25-31 PCI. I'm expecting it to arrive any day. Thanks neighbor, thats another $500(b-stock)down the tubes!!!

Larry B

Screenwriter
Tony:

what store was it and how where the revel studios?
Lyric High Fi, and they were superb. Although I listened only briefly (about an hour), it was clear that they were wonderfully balance, and that they were detailed without being harsh (a difficut feat, in my experience). I am definitely going to go back for an extended audition.

Larry

Mike Main

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Larry down the street is Innovative Audio. A nice store where you can listen for a while. I bot my B&Ws there back in January.

A fellow Northern NJer
Mike

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
It was a very nice and pleasant surprise to meet Larry! When he mentioned Levinson gear, then living closeby in Hackensack, I had a big hunch. When he said his name was Larry, bingo
I can't wait to check out my new neighbor and friend's system. Let's hope his turntable doesn't take me prisoner...I've done enough upgrading to last....at least 4 months....hahaha!
I have listened to Revel Salons and Studios a few times...amazing speakers. Not harsh, very smooth, and very good even at low volumes.

Larry B

Screenwriter
Mike:
Hey Larry down the street is Innovative Audio. A nice store where you can listen for a while. I bot my B&Ws there back in January.
I bought my entire system at Innovative, except for my new preamp (Lamm L1), which I am stiil evaluating. (Please don't ask me why I'm evaluating a new preamp, as it defies all logic and reasoning.
)
Larry

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Hey Larry,
You must have Ricky over to listen to your TT as I too am debating spending gobs of more money,rack space,stylus,arms
(Man this a disease) Since I trust Ricky to let me know how a good TT sounds, since we have owned alot of the same equipment. Just thought about it, maybe you can save me and Ricky some money and insist that he DOESNT come over to your place.

Larry B

Screenwriter
John:

I guess you know that vinyl is extremely user-unfriendly, and requires a lot of time and effort. In addition,a good record washer (a vacuum style) is essential. Is it worth it? You betcha!

Larry

P.S. Should you ever find yourself in the Metropolitan New York area, please drop by for a listen.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakiratbneha