What's new

It's a MOD , MOD , MOD , MOD World- Your top 5 M.O.D. releases in each studio (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
MOD has been out for a while and thought it would be interesting and fun to list your 5 favorite releases (criteria can range from just plain good to glad to finally have it on video not necessarly quality). The studios thus far would be: WB Archive , Columbia Classics , Universal Vault , MGM Vault and Twilight Time. And add which film of the studio you would like to see on MOD. WB Archive: 1) THE POWER : I never thought I'd see this after reading about it all ther time. It didnt disappoint. 2) NO BLADE OF GRASS: I thought this was also going to be MIA forever. I enjoyed this immensely 3) THE SUPER COPS : Super movie -I hadnt seen it since its theatrical run when I was 1 0. 4) PRETTY MAIDS ALL IN A ROW : Pretty Awesome! 5) OUR TIME : Iwas always a sucker for this movie and especially its score Would love to see: TWICE UPON A TIME make it to WB MGM : 1) FUTUREWORLD : Better than the original 2) BOBBIE JO AND THE OUTLAW : With Lynda Carter beating Pirahna as the original 3DD1 3) VALENTINO : The much maligned 1977 Ken Russell film 4) THE SATAN BUG 5) ROLLING THUNDER Would love to see: JENNIFER get there and CATTLE ANNIE AND LITTLE BRITCHES Columbia: 1) THE LOVE MACHINE 2) SHADOW OF THE HAWK 3) DOCTORS WIVES 4) YOUNG WINSTON 5) THE MIND OF MR. SOAMES Would love to see BUSTER AND BILLIE and THE BABY BLUE MARINE Universal: 1) THE SEVEN PERCENT SOLUTION : one of the ghreats of the 70s 2) SOMETIMES A GREAT NOTION 3) RESSURECTION 4) THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN 5) GAMES Would love to see EYE OF THE CAT or CAN HIERYMONOUS MERKIN EVER FORGET MERCY HUMPPE AND FIND TRUE HAPPINESS? versal:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Resurrection. An inexplicably forgotten film with two indelible performances from Ellen Burstyn and Eva Le Gallienne, both nominated for Oscars. Lewis John Carlino's screenplay is deeply affecting. I saw the movie during its first run and have never forgotten the deep spiritual experience it afforded me. And it's not even a religious movie!

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
I agree. While not being a religious film per se, no movie has moved me as much Ellen.Burstyn deserved her Oscar for this more than ALICE DOESKT LIVE HERE ANYMORE . Eva LaGalliene was amazing, but I am partial to winner that year - Mary Steenburgen for MELVIN AND HOWARD. Ironically Burstyn and LaGalliene both.lost their Oscars to two other actresses in Universal movies-Sissy Spacek in COAL MINERS DAUGHTER the other.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Add me as another who finds Resurrection a very special, moving experience. I was so thrilled to get it on DVD finally.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
DARK OF THE SUN (WA) tops my list, along with the anamorphic-at-last ULZANA'S RAID (Universal) and SEVEN-PER-CENT SOLUTION, 10 RILLINGTON PLACE (Sony), THE BEST MAN, BURN, WITCH, BURN, PARK ROW and SUGAR HILL (MGM)--there are lots, but those are a few standouts. RESURRECTION Is a beatiful film...that ending...

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Stick (Universal) The World, the Flesh & the Devil (Warner) The Pack (Warner) The Outfit (Warner) Rolling Thunder (MGM) I'm hoping Sony considers the film HELL HOLE for MOD release. I was glad that Univesal finally decided to release THE ISLAND (1980). It would've made this list but the film didn't hold up very well for me.

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
Titles I was happy to add to my collection: WA: THE LEGEND OF LYLAH CLARE ATHENA THE BOY FRIEND DYING ROOM ONLY EYE OF THE DEVIL Columbia: LOST HORIZON '73 PSYCHE 59 THREE FOR THE SHOW SONG WITHOUT END MGM: None. Would have picked up COLD TURKEY if it had been anamorphic Universal: THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN THE BALLAD OF JOSIE Titles I hope to see from them in the future: PENELOPE (WA) MIDNIGHT LACE (Universal) WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THE LIGHTS WENT OUT (WA) ALL THE FINE YOUNG CANNIBALS (WA) PEPE (Columbia) OF HUMAN BONDAGE '64(WA)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Lewis John Carlino wrote some of my favorite films. THE SAILOR WHO FELL FROM GRACE WITH THE SEA and his 2 1980 films -RESSURECTION and THE GREAT SANTINI each deserved Oscar noms

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks