What's new

It's "A Low Down Dirty Shame" what Buena Vista has done!!! (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I picked up A Low Down Dirty Shame yesterday from J & R for 9.99, based on the fact that I like this movie (good Popcorn Movie and funny) and I always thought it would be a good 5.1 movie with all the action. All the websites I searched labels the movie with Dolby Digital 5.1, I go to J & R and look on the back of the DVD cover and it says Specifications Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound, Widescreen Enhanced for 16x9 Televisions. For 9.99 this is quite a bargain. Well I pop the Son of A Gun in and guess what Dolby Digital 2.0. The only thing that was 5.1 was the Hollywood Pictures Logo, everything else is 2.0. I am so burnt about this.

I don't have a 16x9 t.v. so I can't tell you if that's a lie as well but, it's disgraceful to mislead the consumer like that. I remember having the same gripe with Arachnaphobia being 4.1 and having the Dolby Digital 5.1 Specs on it. I know Dolby Digital is up to 5.1 channels but it's just not fair to do this.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I guess I'm writing to myself, anyway I spoke to the rep at Buena Vista and she said that the packaging is a misprint, but no word as to how it's to be handled.

Therefore, I will post their number here:
1-800-477-2811 and that is consumer relations for Buena Vista. It's early in the game, but the rep is taking down all complaints and it does go to their marketing reps. I suggested to her strongly that this movie would benefit a great deal from a 5.1 mix and they would sell more of this with a 5.1 soundtrack. Please call them and tell them this, enough complaints I think will work here.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
It is in widescreen, on my television I can tell the 16x9 enhanced DVDs with smaller bars on the top and bottom as oppose to letterbox.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Jerome, you are not alone in your displeasure with this DVD.
No extras, commentaries, deleted scences, gag/bloopers.

I'm also bummed out over the bare bones treatment that too many of these kind of DVDs get.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=129698

No extras, commentaries, deleted scences, gag/bloopers.

I'm also bummed out over the bare bones treatment that too many of these kind of DVDs get.
What do you expect when the studios are constantly badgered about not realeasing enough material? Which studio has the time or human resources to do special edition material for all their catalog, or even release all their catalog? (other than new line which only has a comparative few in their catalog)

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Jungle 2 Jungle only has a 2.0 track and it's from 1997, was released theatrically with a 5.1 track, released to DVD in other parts of the world with multiple 5.1 tracks...and yet nothing. At least it's in widescreen (though non-anamorphic), despite what the packaging says.

:thumbsdown: "Movie Showcase"

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I totally forgot to mention about how burned I was with the fact it was a bare bones DVD. If we can just get enough people to call the number I posted earlier also located inside the cover, maybe we can get change and they consider this one an "oops".

AaronJB

Second Unit
The Winona Ryder pic "Boys" is another 9.99 release this week from Disney that has Dolby Digital 5.1 on the back, but only offers a 2.0 track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks