What's new

It's a Living - Coming Soon (but not to DVD) (1 Viewer)

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Just a reminder that IAL starts it's run on Antenna TV with the pilot episode airing Thurs Jan 2 in it's regular 8pm timeslot.

Thanks for the reminder! I'm going to try and watch it. Where I live in Los Angeles, the show will air at 5pm.
I haven't seen it in years, probably since it was cancelled, but I have been to the Westin Bonaventure Hotel a few times where it was supposedly set and shown in the opening credits. I used to like taking my visiting relatives there for a ride on their glass elevators facing the outdoors with spectacular views of Los Angeles.

dante11

Auditioning
Real Name
tammy
I’m glad I stumbled onto this topic.

Just started xfinity and it includes Logo.
Looks like they air the shows in long blocks.

season 2 starts tomorrow morning but it starts with ep 2.
it starts mornings during the week at eiher 4am or 5 am, usually, and runs until 7 am-9am-it changes from week to week-thais one thing that bothers me ..no consistency...

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Logo has the early morning blocks. Antenna TV is running it 8pm weeknights and 2 back to back episodes 10-11pm on Sundays.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Wow. It went from being nowhere on TV to being on two networks just like that. Now more than ever, I wish I had Antenna TV. We don't get it in Salinas. Heck, ABC and NBC still have to share an affiliate.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
The Antenna edits are better than Logo, Antenna adheres to the original commercial breaks whereas Logo had random annoying breaks in the middle of a scene. Unfortunately, Antenna has time-sped the episodes, they also have an annoying flicker to them and since they are an OTA channel and not a cable network, their lower bitrate makes the video quality poorer than Logo.

Also, IAL must have not have performed well ratings-wise, as Antenna has banished it to 4 and 4:30 AM overnight (they also moved Designing Women and Murphy Brown to late-nights and removed Family Ties and Growing Pains from the lineup completely, so the Prime Time '80s schedule obviously was a bust).

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Do they at least spare the syndicated years from removing stuff? Those were already short to begin with.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
And they cut it on Amazon Prime as well. I've been locked out of my account because of someone hacking into it and inept customer service in trying to get back into it, but I checked the running times, and it isn't pretty. Warner seems to have inherited the same Lorimar-era deal with Witt/Thomas that they made with Joe Hamilton for Mama's Family: they only have the cut versions while the owners have the uncut ones.* It seems like they are only willing to go to bat halfway for this show. That's more than Sony would have done if they had ended up with it, except maybe a one-and-done season 1 DVD.** I'm sure they exist uncut, but those tapes are obviously not in Warners' hands.

Also, IAL must have not have performed well ratings-wise, as Antenna has banished it to 4 and 4:30 AM overnight (they also moved Designing Women and Murphy Brown to late-nights and removed Family Ties and Growing Pains from the lineup completely, so the Prime Time '80s schedule obviously was a bust).

All but one of those other shows is complete on DVD, Designing Women is on Hulu, and Family Ties is on Amazon Prime. A lot of 1980s shows never got the chance to be rerun as much as other shows that came before them because station managers found they could make more money with original programs, and also because people who liked them enough to watch them more than once and had the means to afford VCRs taped them so they watched their tapes instead of the reruns.

*How ironic they came through for ALF overseas in that respect.
**Who ever thought Punky Brewster would outsell Silver Spoons? With the Hollywood shutdown presumably affecting the reboot of the former, they should make it a cartoon again. Use whatever call-conferencing technology they used for The Nanny pilot table read to record the voices, then send them to an animation studio. This time put some money into it.

Last edited:

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Amazon Prime has added Season 2 (the one originally titled MAKING A LIVING) that had Louise Lasser in it. Also, Tubi has the first three seasons so all the Ann Jillian episodes are now available. I expect Amazon will add Season 3 in a couple months or less. They look great and the audio sounds better than ever. **They do have some music cut out as they run a little shorter than the old network versions but this is the best we are ever going to get**. At least they brought the show out of mothballs and it can be enjoyed again after all these years, whether on Logo, Antenna, Amazon or Tubi, it's long overdue!

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png

dante11

Auditioning
Real Name
tammy
Amazon Prime has added Season 2 (the one originally titled MAKING A LIVING) that had Louise Lasser in it. Also, Tubi has the first three seasons so all the Ann Jillian episodes are now available. I expect Amazon will add Season 3 in a couple months or less. They look great and the audio sounds better than ever. **They do have some music cut out as they run a little shorter than the old network versions but this is the best we are ever going to get**. At least they brought the show out of mothballs and it can be enjoyed again after all these years, whether on Logo, Antenna, Amazon or Tubi, it's long overdue!

View attachment 74071
View attachment 74072
View attachment 74073
View attachment 74074
View attachment 74075
yes-it is loooong overdue. did you know this show as it's own facebook page now?

It's A Living page for true fans

i am really enjoing it! and LOGO is starting to bring it back to early morning tv!!!!

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I do not spend much time on social media, but yes, I have seen the FB page and we are a small but loyal fandom, it looks like. People often mention 35-40 year-old memories they have of the show and the fondness they still have for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks