It's a Living - Coming Soon (but not to DVD)

tlc38tlc38

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trent
It's on Logo next Saturday & Sunday (21st & 22nd) according to a commercial I just seen.

Saturday from 12pm-3:50pm
Sunday from 12pm-3:50pm

As of now, no other airings.

Reactions: MatthewA and Kasey

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I wonder if they are showing them in order. I have not had satellite/cable in years so won't be watching to see how badly they are cut, etc.

rmw650

Second Unit
Real Name
Richard W
Antenna TV should pick this show up as a way to improve their lineup.

dante11

Auditioning
Real Name
tammy
i would buy copies of the series-either DVD or vhs-i have a learning disability, so figuring out how to do it myself is out of the question...but i would definitely pay someone to do it for me! i love that show...i wish someone would stream it online, too

dante11

Auditioning
Real Name
tammy
If it will be airing anywhere but Logo, the 1985-89 episodes should be fine. They're already short enough to not require further cuts. It's the (superior) ABC episodes that will suffer. Too bad--as I really want to upgrade a lot of my S2 episodes. The good thing is, the show is finally digitalized, which means another network could pick it up at a later date and not butcher it so badly. Question is...when?
i found the series on dvd-look for the link on one of my posts!

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
We don't allow posting of links to bootleg material. Therefore, a post with such a link was deleted.

5. Respect for copyrights. Home Theater Forum has a strict policy of respecting the rights of copyright holders. We do not allow promotion of bootleg material or discussion on how to obtain it, and we immediately delete all links to sites that deal in bootleg material. If you have any doubt whether a source is legitimate, please check with a moderator before posting any links. We also do not allow discussion of (a) how to make unauthorized copies of video or audio materials, (b) how to defeat any form of copy protection (including, for example, how to make "personal" copies of commercially produced DVDs), and/or © how to obtain equipment that can only be used for such purposes. In one form or another, this rule goes back to the very origins of HTF. We are serious about it. Please do not try to debate copyright law with us. We're not interested in discussing what the law should be. Public discussion about copyright law is allowed as long as it doesn't violate any portion of this or any other site rule. We believe it is in the best interest of HTF to enforce this policy strictly, and members test it at their peril.
https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/help/terms

Reactions: Sam Posten

dante11

Auditioning
Real Name
tammy
Reactions: Robert Crawford

dante11

Auditioning
Real Name
tammy
It's been bought by one of the cable networks, LOGO, I believe, and should be airing soon. Also going to be available on one of the streaming services as well. Expect major music cuts so if you're a fan of the show, you'll want to hang on to your VHS off air recordings. Clearance costs make a DVD release impossible.
i was just informed that it will start on antenna tv in january

rmw650

Second Unit
Real Name
Richard W
So happy to hear that It's a Living is coming to Antenna TV at the beginning of the New Year 2020.

Reactions: Kasey

dante11

Auditioning
Real Name
tammy
they are saying it is coming to a streaming service online-if that is so, then it will probably come to movie sites online-like 123 movies, or putlocker....

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Ron G, imagine that promo ad was for The Farmer's Daughter and you'll have an idea how excited I was when I saw it!

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Ron G, imagine that promo ad was for The Farmer's Daughter and you'll have an idea how excited I was when I saw it!
Yes, this has been a reminder for me that miracles do happen, and we must never give up hope! I don't need a DVD release. Just show it again on television or a streaming service, and I'll be happy!

Last edited:

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Glad to see It's a Living joining Antenna TV.

Logo, while better than nothing, has continually skipped over airing 2 episodes (3.12 - Gender Gap and 6.01 - Pistol Packin' Mama). The former episode, per the TV.com episode guide, includes a storyline of Sonny dating a woman who turns out to have been a man who has a past with Nancy, and the latter episode involves Amy unapologetically owning a gun. So I'm thinking/guessing that Logo chose to skip them for P.C. reasons, just as they skipped over an early episode of Alice where she dates a man who turns out to be gay. I doubt Antenna TV will shy away from airing the 2 episodes (they air the Alice episode).

Also, while Antenna TV may put closing credits sequences in a small corner box, Logo doesn't show them at all. So in trying to record IAL for myself, knowing it will likely never be released on disc due to all the music, Antenna TV's airings will probably make for a better homemade set.

Last edited:

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I am keeping my old homemade set because music edits will be a certainty, but am looking forward to the fresh airings to upgrade, A lot of my Season 2 eps are not the best quality, and since I am a huge fan of Louise Lasser, am most looking forward to getting nice, new, clean copies.

MatthewA

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Anything to get this show away from a Viacom-owned network even though my area still doesn't get Antenna TV. Running time-related cuts should only be an issue on the ABC seasons.

I just realized that the second season with the new title Making a Living — whose idea was that? — overlapped with the beginning of the TV version of 9 to 5, and Marian Mercer couldn't do that because she'd already committed to this show. And after It's a Living came back in syndication with its original title, 9 to 5 did, too.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m glad I stumbled onto this topic.

Just started xfinity and it includes Logo.
Looks like they air the shows in long blocks.

season 2 starts tomorrow morning but it starts with ep 2.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I’m glad I stumbled onto this topic.

Just started xfinity and it includes Logo.
Looks like they air the shows in long blocks.

season 2 starts tomorrow morning but it starts with ep 2.
The 1st episode of Season 2 aired this morning as the last episode in today's block of shows.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania.farrell