Item of Interest for Truffaut MK2 Box-Set Collectors

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave B Ferris, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris Screenwriter

Apr 27, 2000
    I've seen several threads pertaining to the superb MK2 boxes, but - surprisingly - I have yet to see a thread for a new MK2 release: not a box-set granted, but still a release of another Truffaut film, 'Fahrenheit 451'.

The film has been released, I believe, in two versions: a single-disc, film only (or at least with only limited extras) version, and a two-disc film plus numerous extras version.

I just received my two-disc version from Amazon's French store; I'll be watching the film shortly. (By the way, in L.A. this summer, 'Fahrenheit 451' is the inagural book in the 'one city, one book' campaign, where all the residents of the city are supposed to read and discuss the same book.)
  2. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

Aug 17, 2000
    I thought that both releases were the exact same (single) DVD, that the SE contained the book (and soundtrack???). Please let me know if I am in error. At any rate I got the DVD only edition, which has exactly the same kind of wonderful extras as MK2's other Truffaut films.
    Unfortunately, MK2 seems to have released all Truffaut films that they have the rights to, which means we will have a long wait for possibly inferior releases of Day for Night & The Green Room. Such a Gorgeous Kid Like Me is out from R2 Spain -- however it is Pan & Scan [​IMG] No English subs either, but that's a minor detail...
  3. Jerome

Jerome Second Unit

Apr 9, 2002
    I can confirm that the only difference between the two editions of the film is the original book of Ray Bradbury in the special edition. the extras are the same for both editions