What's new

It seems true lies 2 may not come out (1 Viewer)

DanR

Supporting Actor
This is not surprising since lately Cameron has been rumored to be involved in other projects. Previously, all talk centered around him had him directing True Lies 2 sometime in 2002/2003. So something has changed; not surprised if it's a direct result of 9/11/01.

Regards,

Dan

Reni D

Stunt Coordinator
Anyway Arnold seems a bit busy to do True Lies 2. He is doing T3 and suppostly a Conan 3

Todd Phillips

Second Unit
"I think in light of the events of September, I don't think Jim Cameron will be in any way, shape or form involved in a sequel to that movie. That's my opinion. I can't really speak for Jim."
This really doesn't mean much. He's not basing it on anything Cameron has said--just his feelings about the matter. Plus, he adds a disclaimer which in effect says "of course, I could be wrong".

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
If it is true, it's a shame that Arnold won't get a chance to star in a movie that would most likely be a box office hit. His drawing power has diminished and he needs something to give a jolt to his star power.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
If Cameron is too scared to make a True Lies 2 because of 9/11, I don't see why he couldn't come up with a different villian other than Middle Eastern.

I think True Lies was Arnold's last really good action movie. For some reason, I suspect it will be his last.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I don't believe that James Cameron would not do another one because of 9/11. I would think that this is the time people want to see the terrorists get their asses kicked royally by Arnie.

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
In an current interview with magazine TOTAL FILM he talks about upcoming projects.

He said when he is finished with T3 he will start doing True Lies 2.

Also Conan 3 and Westworld are on his schedule as well.

So there is a good hope that True Lies 2 will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks