What's new

It seems to me that FOX had stopped using the "ENHANCED WIDESCREEN" banner... (1 Viewer)

YANG

Screenwriter
A look at their most recent releases and announced titles proves the claim.
Aww,it's a pity.Those banner makes their discs look very special.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I seem remember the days when people commended Buena Vista for removing their "WIDESCREEN" banner from DVD covers. :)
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780-2.html
MY TOP 20 OF 2001

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I think the 'Enhanced Widescreen' banner is mostly for non-special editions. Most of what they've announced recently, POTA, Moulin Rouge, M*A*S*H are all special editions, so I don't see where they've given up on it altogether.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
I always thought that the "Enhanced Widescreen" banner was used to distinguish movies that had been released earlier without anamorphic transfers from the ones that replaced it. And since Fox has adopted an all anamorphic all the time policy, it seems unnecessary to spell out the "Enhanced" part.
------------------
-J.Fo
"Why do I always get a warped one?"

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
At the beginning of Dave's Studio Day, Peter Staddon (Fox) was showing off a gimme DVD they are releasing for the Christmas selling season. This disc (which he said would be available "everywhere") not only includes lots of scenes from Fox product but has a large section on widescreen and anamorphic. In fact, most of the material was from The Digital Bits' anamorphic/widescreen guide.
-greg

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Did I mention that Peter Staddon is my personal DVD Messiah? That should be his title at FOX - DVD Messiah. Just thought I'd share : )
Matt
------------------
"And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks