What's new

It Never Rains in California (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
The nice thing about all this rain is all the white powder it brings. I'm headed to Mammoth for 7 days in just a few weeks and they have 190"+ with more to come. WooooooHoooooo........

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

Ray,
I live in CH but work in Rancho Cordova and some co-workers saw it touch down from here. I saw it on the news last night too. Im assuming you came out of it OK?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Wow that's crazy. Grew up in Modesto and never seen anything like that in my childhood.

Of course, the rains here in SoCal have been unbelievable (for SoCal standards, I'm sure people in the Pac NW are laughing at us). Was just in Huntington Beach yesterday and say a lot of water in the streets, and in West LA it has barely stopped raining.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Yeah Ron, that's tight. I was gonna head up to Snow Summit for some snowboarding, but have a last minute tour to Tucson instead. From one extreme to another, huh? :) Plus, with my snowboarding skills, don't think my ass can handle that kind of an assault right now. I suck, I might as well just ditch the board and do somersaults down the hill.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Where's Albert Hammond when you need him?!?!

Got on a board a west bound seven forty seven
Didn't think before deciding what to do
All that talk of opportunities, TV breaks and movies
Rang true, sure rang true.
Seems it never rain in Southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl, don't they warn ya
It pours man it pours.
Out of work, I'm out of my head
Out of self respect I'm out of bread
I'm under loved I'm under fed
I wanna go home
But girl don't they warn ya, it pours, man it pours.
Will you tell the folks back home I nearly made it
Had offers but don't know which one to take
Please don't tell them how you found me
Don't tell them how you found me give me a break
Give me a break
Seems it never rains in Southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
But girl, don't they warn ya
It pours man it pours

Well, yeah, you ARE a bunch of whiners...and I let Micheal from Ontario, Canada take care of the whole "snow issue"... :D

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Well yeah because we usually don't get prolonged periods of rain in California, at least not in Souther California. We're drenched and this ain't the norm, it's been an especially rainy Winter seasons. I haven't experienced a Winter like this since probably 1980 or sometime around then.

I know it might seem petty to other regions of the country where it usually snows but the only snow we get in Southern California(besides the mountains) is cocaine and crystal meth! ;)

All I have to say to the rest of the country is get ready, because whatever we get here in Cali is amplified and modified for the appropriate Winter conditions in your respective region.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

Yeah, it is getting bad here in O.C. I swear, more tweekers than Lake Elsinore. Just the other day, the cops had our whole parking lot police taped because they had pulled over a 71-72 Ranchero that just happened to be a mobile meth-lab. The whole bed had like 55 gallon drums in the back, looked like something out of "The Road Warrior" and two 85 lb. ladies rubberneckin' and grindin' their teeth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks