What's new

it may not be the stanley cup, but... (1 Viewer)

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
I shot Tie Domi's Christmas card one year.

He didn't even say hi to me, and I never got paid (though that's not Domi's fault -- the tab was supposed to be picked up by the sports card shop that arranged the whole thing, and they were a little dodgy).

Terry Hansen

Stunt Coordinator
I touched the cup in a supermarket in Estevan Saskatchewan! Pretty thrilling. Mike Keane of the Avalanche (I went to high school with his wife) spends time in my hometown every summer. He plays baseball with my niece's husband and apparently he brought the cup into the dugout after one of their games.
My home town has a WHL team and a lot of the players went to my high school including: Theo Fleury, Mike Keane, Sheldon Kennedy, Jim McKenzie and Ryan Smyth.
A friend of mine is married to Reed Low's (tough guy for the Blues) sister.
Also I saw Mike Comrie at Earls Tin Palace on Jasper Ave (thought I would throw that one in there, not a big Comrie fan).
Former Red Wing, Daryll Laplante played in my family's golf tournament. He only played maybe 50 games in total then the Wild picked him up in expansion draft. Lemaire didn't like him, now he's toiling away in the minors. Too bad cause he's a good player.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
yeah lance, teams with the most money do buy the cup. by the way, how did the rangers do in the playoffs this year?

CJ

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
In reality, I suppose that they should have some form of revenue sharing. Make the league share the revenue from TV, etc. so every team has a similar pay roster. Isn't that how the NFL does it?

I guess I can concede that NY, NJ, and MI are worthy of being Hockey towns, but please, two teams in Florida? Two in LA? I miss the hockey that the young, talented teams In the eighties had. When small market teams had a reasonable chance of going some where, and when the system wasn't biased against eliminating the small market and Canadian teams. Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto, arguably the only big market teams in Canada, often are faced off against each other early in the playoffs, practically guaranteeing that the Eastern conference won't have a Canadian team in the final. The western teams are all small market teams, and as soon as they develop a talent, they have to let them go, due to unrealistic salaries.

Still, Lord Stanley's cup is a wonder to behold, and has some impressive history, not to mention looks a lot better then then MLB's trophy. (ducks).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks