It looks like my Onkyo receiver changes the colors. What's up?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lanny_B, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Lanny_B

Lanny_B Second Unit

I got the Onkyo SR 600, and besides the remote problems I already posted about, there is one other question: Why does it look like it's changing my colors?

The best example is my PS2. When I plug it through my VCR to the TV, it looks great. When I plug it through my receiver to the TV, the colors look over saturated, smeared, and a little bit dimmed.

After that, maybe I was paranoid, but I thought I saw that the DVD colors were a little greener in tint than I'd remembered them. I didn't test this one as closely, but I am sure that something weird is going on with the PS2.

What's the deal with this? What should I do?

2. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

A while back, my kids were watching a dvd in my room and both said the colors were off and that the picture looked funny. I looked at the connects and found that one of the three component cables had slightly pulled out, leading to the problem. Don't know if this is your problem, but thought I'd post just in case.

3. Jamie Doucette

Jamie Doucette Stunt Coordinator

Check your 'Monitor Out' connection from your Receiver to the TV. Maybe the cable is defective or as DanaA suggested, loose.

Jamie Doucette