What's new

"IT" is up for auction at Amazon (1 Viewer)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Oh my!

I don't get it...really I don't:

1. "FIRST EDITION" Segway HT Auction: The Third-Ever Consumer U...

Current Bid: $100,300.00 Bids 146

2. "FIRST Edition" Segway HT Auction: The First-Ever Consumer U...

Current Bid: $90,100.00 Bids 168

3. "FIRST EDITION" Segway HT Auction: The Second-Ever Consumer ...

Current Bid: $75,100.00 Bids 133

Who is bidding on these things??? What percentage does ebay take? They gotta love stuff like this. People that bid on ebay actually have this much money to just throw around on a scooter? Boggles the mind...

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
It's not "just a scooter."

It's a special edition (we collect those, remember?) made of special titanium components with {YOUR NAME HERE} engraved on it. Plus the charity aspect. I happen to think the Segway is way cool technology.

I also think it's inventor should stay out of sight. Jay Leno had Russell Crowe on recently and Dean was there with 2 or 3 Segways. Crowe got on one and was doing just fine but Kamen was walking along next to him hovering with his hand near Crowe's elbow like he was an invalid. The Gladiator was very unhappy about the unwanted geek at his side and let Dean know in no uncertain terms.

The point was the creater acted like he had no faith in his own product. It's obvious that everyone who climbs on the thing "gets it" in about 2 seconds.

Jim

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"You can buy a gas powered skateboard for about $100" Seen em for $500U.s. where can you get one for $100??

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
One of the MAIN POINTS of Segway is that is battery powered and environmentally friendly. Comparing Segway to a gas-powered scooter is unreasonable. The Segway is self balancing, self-correcting (if you bump into something), and clean.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
One of the MAIN POINTS of Segway is that is battery powered and environmentally friendly
It is only helpful to the environment, however, if a lot of them are used in place of dirtier technologies. If it replaces walking or non-motorized transport, then it is a net negative. If it is going to replace some form of internal combustion transportation, than it will have to be close in performance and cost to have a significant impact.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks