What's new

It is time for NBC and FOX to step up to the plate.. (1 Viewer)

Mike I

Supporting Actor
How about it nbc and fox...Now that both ABC and CBS are just about entirely HD in their prime time line ups, when are will get get out of the 1950's?
------------------

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
As far as I'm cncerned, FOX can not be forgiven for dropping "The Ball" (MNF)
------------------
"Nobody move a muscle."
GROOOWLLLLL !
"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

Han

Second Unit
Reviewing my TV habits as of late (post-marriage), I now mostly watch Fox's Sunday night lineup (like always) and Friends on NBC. All my regular scheduled viewings of prime-time ABC and CBS shows are shot to hell by the HBO and WB preferences of the wife.
The longer Fox and NBC drag their feet on the majority of their shows, the longer I hold out on buying an HD receiver. It's that simple.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about FOX. They seem committed to 480p as their standard for broadcasting. Only enormous pressures are going to change their assanine thinking. But, there may be hope for NBC and ABC yet. With CBS inking a deal with Dish Network to broadcast CBS's HD content, at no additional charge, people in O&O (owned and operated) CBS markets (covering roughly 35% of U.S. households) will get any and all HD programs that CBS puts out if they subscribe to Dish. While CBS is the only one of the big three studios to move ahead, expect the others to follow suit. This announcement was a MAJOR shock to ABC, NBC and DirectTV, as most of those were just waiting for someone else to make a move. Now that CBS has, I would think the other studios would step up their HD production schedules. Do not underestimate how important this decision by Dish and CBS really was to the future of HDTV.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
As far as I'm concerned, FOX can not be forgiven for dropping "The Ball" (MNF)
Monday Night Football is broadcast by ABC, not Fox. Of course, I am not pleased that Fox is providing absolutely NO HDTV programming, which means no Super Bowl in HDTV this season.
------------------
patriot.gif

My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 5

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks