What's new

It is really a tough call. (1 Viewer)

JohnZ

Agent
I bought a pair of B&W DM603 speakers from a classified ad. One was damaged in shipping. The damage was not too bad and the speaker is still working fine. I filed a damage claim with UPS and the claim is approved today. But they said before they will send out the check, they would take the speaker back. So I will be either losing the speaker or losing the money they will pay for the damage ($250). If I want to get the money, I will have only one single speaker left. If I want the speaker, I won't be able to get any money from UPS. Do you think I should keep the speaker or get the money? I want to know if I can actually sell that single B&W DM603 for around $250 if I decide to get the money.

E

Eric Kahn

tell them you want it repaired because it is part of a set, even a claims adjuster should understand that stereo requires 2 speakers that are matched

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That just doesn't sound right to me. If they take the speaker, they should pay to replace it, not just fix it. Can't you see an insurance company saying "Your $30,000 car has $1,000 worth of damage so you either have to live with it or we'll give you a check for $1,000 but you have to give us the car." I doesn't make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks