What's new

"IT" is finally done! Big Maelstrom! (1 Viewer)

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
My wife and I have thoughtfully named it "IT". Like "Where the hell do you think you are going to put IT!"
Anyway, it's a 283L Adire Maelstrom subwoofer tuned to 22Hz powered with 350 watts and it is quite impressive. Go ahead and click http://www.acoustic-visions.com/maelstromsubpics.htm
Please feel free to ask any questions!

Martice

Screenwriter
Finally Kyle. ;) I've been hearing about "IT" for a while and it looks like "IT" was worth the wait. Your craftsmanship is impressive as well as the look and size of the sub.
I'm looking forward to your later findings once you hook "IT" up to your BFD.
Great looking sub!

PeterV

Agent
Kyle,

That is one impressive, great looking sub!!

And also, some good looking kids!

The looks of your sub has got me thinkin again.

Congrats.

PeterV

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Jesus Kyle!
After I get a full 5,6, or 7 281s in my room, Ill have to buy one or two of those. :D
That is just too cool. That will be for sale from you, right?

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
This one is my personal sub so it's currently not for sale, but I can always supply the hardware for you to build one! :) I think this is just too big of a monster to sell and ship unless its put on a pallet and shipped freight.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
This one is my personal sub so it's currently not for sale, but I can always supply the hardware for you to build one! I think this is just too big of a monster to sell and ship unless its put on a pallet and shipped freight.
If you build it, they will come! :)

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
Kyle-
Congratulations on Finishing the "IT"! "IT" looks beautiful and Im sure "IT" performs just as well.
Good Job:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Looks great Kyle, When do I get to come up and hear it(or should I say feel it)?

Wes

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Kyle:
So what amp did you end up with? What is it rated?
Nice looking sub there! Queen's We will Rock You! comes to mind. :)
Parker

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Thanks for the kind words.

Parker, it is an amp I've had for about a year now. It's the larger brother to the Adire AVA250 and Parts Express #300-794 rated at 350 watts with the bass boost removed. With such the high sensitivity of the driver and the large enclosure, 350 watts is plenty for the subwoofer.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Yikes! I'm sure all the plaster and window repair contractors in your area are glad "IT" is done. :)
Looks great. I can't even imagine what it sounds like.

Rudy H

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed you using glue in the first pics while there was still snow on the ground....on all of the glue I buy it says to use it in at least 10-15c or it won't bond properly...?

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
It was a combination of keeping the glue inside until I needed it, then gluing, then quickly moving it inside to dry. Some of the thinner spread glue chalked up but the internal joints dried to a nice light amber color like it is supposed to.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Good grief is that a monster! What would this driver compare to a Tempest in the exact same box, I'm curious to know the benefits of the 18" driver. Nice work Kyle.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Cam, the Tempest will play a bit lower way down in the low 20Hz range but the Maelstrom will be a bit louder from there up.

Jack, no I wont be carrying that amp but I have some BASH amps on order in 320 watt and 550 watt versions.

Cam S

Screenwriter
oooh, are those the Sam Bash Amps made in Canada? How much will those be going for?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks