It has finally come to this....Miss Plastic Surgery

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Danny Tse, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

2. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

They have to prove it? What a twist!

3. Craig

Craig Second Unit

I've seen better surgically enhanced girls in the parking lot of the Mall of Georgia.

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

So who wins the prize - the girl or the doctor?

Of course, I don't figure that this is any more silly that a regular beauty pageant - insert joke about some sort of skill being involved here.

5. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    I thought all the Miss Venezuelas taking part in Miss Universe were always "improved"? I remember there being some analysis about why Venezuela always did well in Miss Universe contests, and that beauty pageants are taken very seriously there, with an entire industry built around grooming beauty queens -- including of course "enhancements".

6. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Physical beauty is taken very seriously in Venezuela. As are the beauty pagents.

But to be accurate, there is no doubt the best base in the world for plastic surgeons to work upon is located in Venezuela.

7. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

There are beauty contest consultants here in the States too. I saw something on these people on one of those TV magazine programs. Same with those child beauty contests....but those just creeps me out.

I have always suspected either those Miss Venezuelas were "enhanced" or the whole thing is rigged. Don't they "test" these contestants like they do at the Olympics?

8. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Other than having looked appreciatively at many Venezuelanas when I lived there, I don’t have any knowledge of beauty contests. Much less their rules.

But I’d be surprised if rules stated that contestants were limited by what nature provided.

9. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    It's already been done here in the U.S. and televised (The Swan).

10. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

Yes indeed. The Miss Venezuela pageant is a joke. Combine all the cosmetic surgery money can buy with 80s-style big hair, more makeup than Tammy Faye, and you'll have a pretty good idea of what it's like. I doubt there was a single contestant last year that hadn't had some work done.

Venezuela is home to some of the world's most beautiful women, but our representatives in international beauty pageants are deifnitely not the best examples.

11. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Man-made. Aren't there any female plastic surgeons?

Additional comment : "citing findings by US economists which indicated that good looks increased overall hourly income by 5%."

More proof that there is not enough intelligence to go around.