What's new

It has finally come down to these Pre/Pros? (1 Viewer)

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
Ted,

I think that is a Krell promotion on the combo (not sure of the ending deadline).

Keith J

Stunt Coordinator
All of the pre/pro's you mentioned are great but B&K has more bang for the buck just look at there features Krell has not had a very good reliabilty reputation.

Phil Rose

Agent
Take a look at the Lexicon MC-8 which can be found for about what you are considering. Great machnine!

AndyHangartner

Stunt Coordinator
My son works at an audio store. Krell 50% off. Sunfire 60% off. Pioneer 45% off. etc... I too am considering going the seperates route but haven't decided which one. I have the 49txi and it is pretty awesome.andy

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
How do you feel it compares to the Krell, Aragon and B&K pre/pros? What made you decide on the Anthem over others? What other pre/pros did you consider?
From a sound standpoint, I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

I first narrowed my choices to what I could get locally from B&M stores I know to offer excellent service; Parasound Halo, Anthem AVM20, Bryston, Rotel, and I think B&K. Like a said, sound quality was not an issue among my choices. They are all excellent.

There was one key feature I required that narrowed my choices considerably. I needed the option of having the pre/proc perform bass management on it's 5.1 analog inputs. Many pre/proc's do not offer this. The Anthem gives you the choice of using it's 5.1 inputs strictly as an analog passthrough, or digitizing the signal so bass management and other functions could be performed.

I also considered each company's track record offering updates/upgrades on a timely basis and overall customer service.

In the end, the Anthem won because it met all my requirements plus more. I am very happy with it's sound and the ability to customize settings to suit my particular setup.

If you get a chance to audition the Anthem, I would certainly recommend you do so. There's a good reason there are so many happy owners!

JimmyK

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
The upgrade thread reflects a bunch of fanatics, including myself, that seem to endlessly tweak their systems (experiment with the flexibility of the numerous set up options etc.). In doing so some minor oddities have been discovered as explained above by JimmyK.
Who you calling a fanatic? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks