What's new

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Utterly charming and sweet, It Happened On Fifth Avenue is a wonderful Christmas-themed comedy with a perfectly Hollywood portrayal of winter in New York City.

It Happened on Fifth Avenue (1947)

Released: 19 Apr 1947
Rated: Passed
Runtime: 116 min

Director: Roy Del Ruth
Genre: Comedy, Music, Romance

Cast: Don DeFore, Ann Harding, Charles Ruggles, Victor Moore
Writer(s): Everett Freeman (screen play), Vick Knight (additional dialogue), Herbert Clyde Lewis (original story), Frederick Stephani (original story)

Plot: Two homeless men move into a mansion while its owners are wintering in the South.

IMDB rating: 7.7
MetaScore: 66

Disc Information

Studio: Other
Distributed By: Warner Archive
Video...

Continue reading...

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Thanks, Josh! Great review of a wonderful film! I actually postponed by annual Christmas viewing of this one so I could watch it when the blu-ray was released. It looks great on this disc!

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive. The USPS picked it up January 1st in Los Angeles and took *two weeks* to get it to Philadelphia, PA, where it currently sits, overshooting the Memphis distribution center that serves my town by ~1000 miles! Basically it's gone completely cross country for a Mid-South address! I figure it'll take them another week or two to get it back to Memphis.
I had one a while back that made it to New Jersey, but then was delivered to the Post Office in the next town south of me. They apparently couldn't figure out what to do with it, so they sent it back to New Jersey, where it was held for a few more days before they finally sent it to my Post Office. I checked the label when it arrived and it had my correct address and Zip Code. More recently I received a Christmas care that took two weeks to get here from Nevada.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks