IT- Girl Clara Bow

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason_Els, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

Saw the [​IMG]Clara Bow[​IMG] bio on TCM last night and was floored by the quality of her performances. She seemed so natural and easy in front of the camera I was watching each scene with pure amazement. More than once my jaw literally [​IMG] . I had always thought her as Hollywood's good-time girl sex siren without realizing she was also a great actress.
    Are there any Clara Bow DVDs worth getting? I know a lot of silents are shifted to DVD with little thought so I'd like some well-transferred and/or restored titles that do justice to the material.
    Thanks for the help!

2. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

I saw that the other day and thought it was great, very interesting.

One to watch for that's supposed to hit DVD later this year (I think) is Wings.

3. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    "It" is on DVD from Kino, and it's safe to say it's a great disc. www.silentera.com gives it 8 out of 10 for video and 6 out of 10 for audio.
    It looks like Wings might be released next year by Paramount.
    Wings is still on VHS and it's of pretty good quality, considering it's from the last surviving print of the film. Plus, it's usually a bargain in the range of 10-12 bucks.

4. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

There's also a pretty good double feature of Bow pictures, including her first film, Down to the Sea in Ships, also from Kino. Both this and It are reviewed by me at http://www.digitallyobsessed.com

5. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

"It" is one of my favorite silents, and I was thrilled to finally get it on DVD. I'll be picking up her double feature as soon as I can. Her only other movie on DVD that I can think of is The Plastic Age, which is a double feature with another movie I can't think of right now.