What's new

It’s not a comeback, it’s a return! (1 Viewer)

Paul Bosquet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Hello all, I’ve been away from this forum for far too long. I had joined the forum many years ago and especially enjoyed reading reviews of discs and being part of discussions on images, movies, equipment and home theater building.

I have moved recently to Florida and had to leave behind a very nice dedicated basement home theater which we enjoyed very much as a family and while watching “old” B&W movies that my kids had no interest in whatsoever. However, I have made sure to make them watch some of the classics like Bridge On The River Kwai and Lawrence of Arabia along with some of my favorites like The Great Escape and Jaws while also showing them some Criterion treats.

The home theater was a key feature When we sold the home, the new owner sat in the theater seats and was instantly sold!

While I don’t plan to build a dedicated theater, I’m in the process of upgrading our meager 46” TV viewing with a new 4K 75”+ TV with an Atmos capable soundbar system. Just purchased a new Panasonic 4K Blu Ray player, so the upgrade process has begun. I’m also purchasing discs again which I miss a lot, recently viewing the Criterion disc of The Fisher King and The Thin Red Line. It is great to be back!

Paul

p.s. Tried to get my old account, but my registered e-mail no longer exists so I created a new account

Dreichler

Auditioning
Real Name
Connor
Would love to hear feedback on the Atmos soundbar. I am skeptical of the "Atmos" functionality of a soundbar. But I am open to others thoughts and experiences with it!

Paul Bosquet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I’m making sure my expectations aren’ too great for a soundbar based Atmos system, but since I’m using a speaker built in to a several year old Samsung TV, it can’t be any worse! Whatever I get, I’ll be sure to post an update in the Speaker forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks