1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

It´s official: Columbia/Tri-Star is innnn-sannnne!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Sergio Martorel, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Sergio Martorel

Sergio Martorel Second Unit

On December 23rd, Columbia TriStar is re-releasing Miracles on DVD. However, they are releasing it as one of the previous alternate titles that the movie had.

Black Dragon.

Yup, you read that right.

Black Dragon.

[​IMG]

This is the strangest move I've ever seen. They are re-release the movie, the 2nd time, with a different name. It even says on the box art that it was previously released as Miracles before.

The film will be presented (127 mins) on a double sided disc (Widescreen on Side A, Full Screen on Side B). Other features include:
    Cantonese (Mono)
    Mandarin
    Isolated Music Score
    English, French and Spanish subtitles
    Theatrical Trailers

So it's not cut or a Disney like release. It's just that apprently the CEO's at Columbia have been spending some alone time with the pipe.

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

The film has multiple alternate titles:

Miracles, Black Dragon, Miracles: The Canton Godfather, & Mr. Canton and Lady Rose

The previous R1 release had English dubtitles instead of proper English subtitles.

Maybe this release will have the proper English subtitles.

3. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

This is technically Columbia's thrid release of the movie. The first time the sound went out of sync. The second was a corrected version with another idfference but I forget what that was.

Matt

4. Sergio Martorel

Sergio Martorel Second Unit

5. PaulaJ

PaulaJ Supporting Actor

I don't care WHAT they call it, as long as it's the original cut (which it seems to be) and it's a NEW transfer, because the old one has to be the worst DVD transfer I've ever seen.

I'm talking about the version with both the widescreen original HK version and the pan and scan, dubbed, cut version.

I didn't watch the pan and scan one (there's no reason to), but the widescreen one looks AWFUL on my television (58 inch Pioneer Elite). It's faded, and worse, BLURRY. Almost like seeing it with double vision.

(Columbia/TriStar's DVD of Fearless Hyena was equally blurry to watch.)

This is my all-time favorite Jackie Chan movie, so I'm hoping C/TS does right by it this time.

By the way, if you think the C/TS subtitles are bad, try the ones on the Hong Kong DVD! LOL

6. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

This is why I'm glad to have the HK Legends version. [​IMG]

Jason