What's new

issues with time crisis (1 Viewer)

allan espinoza

Stunt Coordinator
im trying to play time crisis, but my television isnt reading the guncon. i have everything connected correctly but when i point the gun to the screen the gun crosshairs just move rapidly from side to side. now i know it works because it works on all other televisions. i have crt and the other televisions are old. i am using composite and i even check the ps settings so what could this be? please help i dont want to get rid of these games.

Ryan FB

Second Unit
Is it an RPTV or HDTV? Because of the way the Guncon works it will pretty much only function properly with a normal, direct-view (single tube) CRT.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Most of the PS2 Guncon/Guncon2 games do not work with most HDTVs. The line doubler (typically converting 480i to 480p on most sets) confuses the gun software.

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
I had a problem with time crisis on a 27inch flat screen tv.
I think it didnt like the flat screen for some reason.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I surely hope that the next generation of systems will have light gun support for Plasma, LCD and CRT High definition TVs. I have a 13 year old 50" rear projection set that I use as my gaming set and would consider buying an used non-HD set to replace it if my set ever failed, solely to be able to continue to play the Guncon games.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks