What's new

Issue with Warner BD releases listed at Amazon! (2 Viewers)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I have to say that I feel like Amazon has changed a lot over the last couple of years. From charging sales tax (which is not their fault), to increasing the minimum for free shipping to $35 from $25, to increasing the price of Prime, as well as bundling shipments together from multiple orders (sometimes holding up earlier orders). And then there is the very troubling move of limiting products based on contractual disputes. As someone here pointed out, driving prices down so much that it's not worth it for the original producers to make them isn't helpful to anyone.

It's another issue entirely, but I also question their proposal to use drones to deliver. Is a drone going to put a package on my porch, out of sight, out of the rain? Is it going to recognize kids playing in my driveway? What if one of them is handicapped and can't get out of the way like other kids? The announcement of drones re-emphasizes for me how the company has changed, and is changing. I liked the company better several years ago.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The drones will never happen.

I think Amazon realizes that. They are already preparing a fleet
of their own vehicles to deliver their products to homes (to eventually
bypass the Postal Service)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
What if Jack Bauer orders something from Amazon?
Well, judging from this past week, looks like they were
definitely attempting to deliver something personally to him. :P

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Amazon has recently added music streaming to prime which for me makes the increased cost of prime more acceptable. I am sure others would prefer they just offer a lower priced option just for 2 day shipping but I doubt that will happen.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I now use Amazon very, very sparingly, mainly to grab used copies of some CDs or vinyl and the occasional office product I can't get at Staples. For movies I mainly use Blowitoutahere. Picnic At Hanging Rock, for instance, only set me back $27 and some change shipped while it's $33 at Amazon minus shipping and taxes. The Warner blackout and inflated prices for many of the titles I like have finally turned me off to Amazon.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
cineMANIAC said:
I now use Amazon very, very sparingly, mainly to grab used copies of some CDs or vinyl and the occasional office product I can't get at Staples. For movies I mainly use Blowitoutahere. Picnic At Hanging Rock, for instance, only set me back $27 and some change shipped while it's $33 at Amazon minus shipping and taxes. The Warner blackout and inflated prices for many of the titles I like have finally turned me off to Amazon.
You should e-mail them and let them know that the Warner situation was the last straw for you and has lost them a customer. I don't think any business really cares about one person but they do know that all those people might eventually add up.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
FYI - The LEGO MOVIE (at least the 3D Ultimate version) finally just turned up as a preorder item, matching Best Buy's $34.95 price

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
For mainstream titles like this one, I am buying from Costco whenever possible, as I like their business model much better and how they treat their employees. Costco had the Blu-rays priced competitively, too, for The LEGO Movie.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
True, but it's a crapshoot as to what Costco will have -- I want the 3D version and, as I have a birthday coming up next month, sent my wife the Amazon link.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
I'm getting tired of Amazon's nonsense. I went ahead and ordered The Time Machine and Point Blank directly from the WB shop.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I dunno...it's Amazon "nonsense" or Best Buy and Target not stocking titles (or shortstocking titles) or WB Shop/Fox Connect taking weeks to ship.

That's one of the best aspects of the free market system: you can buy from whomever you want. And those companies can try to beat each other to have the lowest price.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
David Weicker said:
The Time Machine is back up for Pre-Order on Amazon.

So is Looney Tunes Platinum Vol 3.
All of the Warner titles are back up, a deal probably has been worked out between the two parties.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Robert Crawford said:
All of the Warner titles are back up, a deal probably has been worked out between the two parties.
I guess you can thank me for that resolution. As soon as I ordered from WBShop, they ironed out their differences. ;)

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
Amazon has been absolutely indispensible for people like me in Australia. Most of the US-based companies either charge ridiculous amounts for shipping, or quite simply will not ship overseas. Fox Connect, WB Archive and the WB shop for example do not ship internationally. Amazon has been wonderful precisely because I know I can order any movie I want at a reasonable price - lower than our inflated local prices, that's for sure. So for some of us at least, there really aren't that many other options.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Hi Koroush. Even here in the USA, they've generally been exceptional. Their selection is great, prices are low, and customer service is exemplary. I usually am skeptical of huge companies, but until recently I had nothing to complain about. I'm even on my 3rd Kindle.

But I don't understand their recent squabbles with several vendors. Amazon claims they're standing up for their customers, but how? Is it because the vendors want to charge too much? WBShop charged me $16.69 per BD, but I see Amazon is listing them now for $16.99. It's true that shipping can be free if you pay for Prime (which I don't) or buy $35 or more per order, but based upon the price of the items alone, I don't see how Amazon is making things better for their customers in this situation.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Robert Crawford said:
Do you mean Captain America the Winter Soldier?
Sorry I wasn't specific.

Yes, I meant Winter Soldier (or CA2). It was late at night and I didn't feel like typing the whole thing on my phone.

Its one of the films that I'm looking forward to preorder

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks