What's new

Issue with Spaceball on iTunes? (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Has anyone tried playing the 4K/ Dolby Vision version of Spaceballs on iTunes? I played the film last night via my Apple 4K TV and Vizio M70-D3 display, and three times during the film the picture got very dark and greenish, as if the encoding was screwed up. It would happen only for one camera cut within a scene. I cannot remember the first two scenes, but the final time was during the scene late in the film where Lonestar and Barf are in the diner and John Hurt re-enacts his "alien popping out of the stomach" scene.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There were some funky scenes in The Matrix too.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Okay, I found a time code for the third and final instance of the issue. It happens at 1:22:49. I cannot remember where it happened the first two times.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Just watched the entire scene. No issues at all.
Thanks for checking, Tino. I wonder if the issue is specific to certain brands of displays? The issue occurs every time I watch that scene, so it's repeatable. I own a Vizio M70-D3 display, and have never had this occur with any other Dolby Vision encoded material -- nor any HDR10 material, either. I have owned the display for over two years, so it's seen lots of DV and HDR10 material, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks