What's new

Issue with Sony UBP-X700 4K Bluray Player (1 Viewer)

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
I've tried to connect my new Sony UBP-X700 to my WIFI network. When I scan for available networks, my home network shows up. BUT for some reason the machine is insisting this network is not security protected (see photo). Because of this the player doesn't ask me to enter a password to connect to the WIFI, so of course the connection fails. My network IS password protected. I've reset the modem and rescanned with the player - same result. I've connected the player to the internet via my iphone hotspot without any problems and made sure I've the latest firmware, which I do. Anyone know what's going on here?
Many Thanks

IMG_3723.JPG

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
That's a new one. I have that player, but I've never had that problem with it. Found my home network just fine and locked in securely.

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
Is it possible that your modem has lost its security settings?

Every other piece of equipment I have from Iphone to Sonos speaker recognises the network as secured and asks for the password. I've never encountered this issue before, its perplexing.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I had a similar issue with my X700 when I initially set it up. Couldn’t get a network connection to run the streaming apps.

I eventually got it to work but not quite sure how I did it. But I think the firmware update might have been the hero ( had to get firmware update from 220 Electronics since they did the region-free mod. Sony’s firmware update refused to run).

Anyway the new Roku Ultra made this a moot point.

davidsco27

Auditioning
Real Name
David
The wifi problem I'm having with it is every time I turn on the player I have to manually reconnect it to Wifi. It won't connect to the update servers until I do. Very annoyong

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks