1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Issue with Sony UBP-X700 4K Bluray Player

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Ushabye, Feb 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Ushabye

Ushabye Projectionist

Paul
    I've tried to connect my new Sony UBP-X700 to my WIFI network. When I scan for available networks, my home network shows up. BUT for some reason the machine is insisting this network is not security protected (see photo). Because of this the player doesn't ask me to enter a password to connect to the WIFI, so of course the connection fails. My network IS password protected. I've reset the modem and rescanned with the player - same result. I've connected the player to the internet via my iphone hotspot without any problems and made sure I've the latest firmware, which I do. Anyone know what's going on here?
    Many Thanks

IMG_3723.JPG

2. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Director
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    That's a new one. I have that player, but I've never had that problem with it. Found my home network just fine and locked in securely.

3. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Lead Actor
    Supporter

Is it possible that your modem has lost its security settings?

4. Ushabye

Ushabye Projectionist

Paul
    Every other piece of equipment I have from Iphone to Sonos speaker recognises the network as secured and asks for the password. I've never encountered this issue before, its perplexing.

5. Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad Cinematographer

Brad
    I had a similar issue with my X700 when I initially set it up. Couldn’t get a network connection to run the streaming apps.

I eventually got it to work but not quite sure how I did it. But I think the firmware update might have been the hero ( had to get firmware update from 220 Electronics since they did the region-free mod. Sony’s firmware update refused to run).

Anyway the new Roku Ultra made this a moot point.

6. davidsco27

davidsco27 Auditioning

David
    The wifi problem I'm having with it is every time I turn on the player I have to manually reconnect it to Wifi. It won't connect to the update servers until I do. Very annoyong