Issue with my Vega and DVD Player, please help.

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Mike Monti, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Mike Monti

Mike Monti Stunt Coordinator

Currently, whenever the screen changes to a picture that is 75% or more black the signal gets lost and the picture changes to a black screen with "SAT " in the upper corner (that's what displays there when there's no input). I've tried the DVD player in other TVs and had no problem with it then. I've even tried other cables to no avail.

This leeds me to believe it may be an issue with the tv itself. I'm looking through this link but as I don't really know what most that stuff means I'm not certain whether or not a fix may be in there. What I would like to do is adjust the set so there is a longer latency period between loss of signal and the "shut off and go to black screen". I assume if such a change can be made it must be made there. Of course I could just dump it off at Circuit City and have it looked at but If I can avoid that I'd like to.

Thanks for any help or ideas you may have.

Mike

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

I'm not sure what you're saying. By "75 percent black," are you referring to the area of screen real estate taken up by darkness or are you referring to 75 percent to complete black — and if so, how are you arriving at that figure?

3. Mike Monti

Mike Monti Stunt Coordinator

Say for example the opening to Toy Story 2 the starscape is a flicker fest. Also much of Sum of all Fears (the scenes which take place in the Russian Prez's bedroom). Just ablout any scene thats very dark causes the screen to go out.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

To shut off? Be specific. Are you saying that the video shuts off if the screen gets past a certain level of darkness?