What's new

Issue with Denon 2307CI - can't reinitialize the processor (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
My buddy's Denon 2307CI recently got popped by a power surge (despite being hooked up to a Panamax protector) and since then, some of the assignable inputs on the receiver went a little screwy ie. what used to be TV/SAT is now CDR/TAPE. Anyway, to remedy this, I suggested we reboot/reinitialize the processor. From what I recall, in the manual Denon suggests holding down the Speaker A and B buttons and pressing the "soft" power button. We tried this multiple times and nothing happened. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

PS- Other than the input naming, the receiver works without any problems.

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
did you look at the manual, or just trying to remember? I had a receiver do the same thing at one point, but it involved unplugging for 10 minutes, then plugging it in and doing the reset button combo. But mine reset ALL of the memory, like how it was calibrated and everything. It wasn't a denon though (I have a denon now and fortunately nothing has ever happened like that)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Nope, this is straight from the manual. I can try the unplug/reset thing though. I was going to unplug it and try initially, but figured I'd post here first.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
When you say "soft" power button are you talking about the standby or the actual power button. You have turn the unit of first then hold A/B and push in the power button to turn it on. When the screen flashes release the buttons. Give it another shot.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, by soft I meant the standby button. So, turn the unit completely off (depress the MAIN power button), hold speaker A+B, then push in the MAIN power button?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If problems appear after a surge, ALWAYS unplug the unit for several minutes before trying anything else.

turning it off does not do the same thing. Then, if that doesn't help, do the restart.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Will do...thanks, John! I should've known to do that...momentary lapse due to beer consumption.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Ron, did you get the issue cleared up? You do have to push the main power button, not standby.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Kevin,

I sure did, thanks! I held down the speaker A+B buttons, hit the main power button and voila, it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks