What's new

ISO expert htpc builder -anyone? (1 Viewer)

darron Z

Stunt Coordinator
would really like to get a custom tailored htpc for my theater , is there anyone or any place out there that does this ?

Erik*R

Agent
There are several if you search with google but they are all very expensive. If you were localish to Tampabay area I would do it for you. Im sure there are others here on the board that wouldnt mind helping you out building one.

darron Z

Stunt Coordinator
that would be great , ...if i only knew how to put one together... of course id pay for their time... i just want a knowledgable HT builder , not a BESTBUY kid :) !

anyone -anyone ? Bueller ?

darron Z

Stunt Coordinator
a question now - if i am running a mits xd300u projector off of the htpc, via 15pin dsub , can i get a better than 525p rez from dvd , and sat broadcast ? and upconvert my directv tivo signal ? would a scaler do that ?

Kelvin Tucker

Stunt Coordinator
Seems that you would want someone close by your neighborhood for a custom job. Or are you open to having one built to your specs, and then you take care of the delivery etc...?

There are several places that get you started, like eHomeUpgrade , as long as you are a semi-literate compu-tinkerer ;) There are lots of "htpc companies" that visit AVS that would be happy to oblidge I'm sure.

Hmmm, this might be an idea for a future endeavor - custom building HTPC's and shipping them out. Whoa, the PC part is easy -- it's that HT that will get you every time. Just imagine how many different remotes we all use, not to mention my idea of a black cabinet might be a little different than yours. Oh well, sounded good for a minute... ooops, I'm rambling!

KT

darron Z

Stunt Coordinator
no im not a semi literate tinkerreerrer, more a fumbler. i can install a new hard drive, or load software, thats about my limit. config /set up other hardware , im in the dark. i dont care where someone is, just that they know what they are doing in a set up.

remotes- i already have pronto ts3000 ..

what im mainly looking to get out of this htpc is video processing/ enhancement , dvd copying ..er .uh.." backup", and aspect ratio control . at this point , i have a tivo unit, so on the occasion , a can send a file over to htpc for burning a copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks