Isis

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Stephane, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Stephane

Stephane Stunt Coordinator

I am not sure if anyone recalls this tv series that use to play on Saturday morning or not. I have a vague recollection of it myself, but I do remember that I use to watch it faithfully. I know this is a very long shot and I doubt that this will ever see that day light on DVD, but I was wondering if anyone had heard of this series and if they would know if they may even consider brining it out on DVD.

There was also a series called something like ( The Arc ) or just ( Arc ) I am not sure, this goes way back for me and I was only about 8 or 9 years of age when I was watching these shows. If anyone has in for on this series as well it would be fun to hear about it.

I guess that these two selections are very long shots in my book.

2. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

yeah Stephane, some of us remember this well.

the rights to Isis (aka The Secrets Of Isis) seem to now reside with a UK company.
    i sent them an e-mail last March inquiring about this show but never recieved a reply.

i would greatly love to see a nice little boxset of this show- for one thing, there weren't all that many episodes (i'm thinking much less than 30 all together) and they were 1/2 hour shows at that so figuring about 7 eps per side 4 single sided discs should do it comfortably.
    i have a couple VHS tapes of it of varying quality, and TVLand briefly ran eps of Shazam! late Saturday nights, one of which was a crossover ep with Isis, that i have on tape- so i'm not totaly starved.
    but yeah, they would be a lot of fun to see again.

BTW- Isis was the #1 rated saturday morning show in 1975.

i've heard of Ark(II?) but someone more familiar can probably address that one.

3. Stephane

It could be that I was mistaken about the title of the second series, lets face it I was rather young at the time that I was watching them.

Thanks Paul

Let me know if ever you get an e-mail back from that company that you sent it to... Mybe now would be a good time to send a second one.

Stephane

4. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
  5. Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon Screenwriter

Retiring my bad quality tapes of "Isis" from the Sci-Fi Europe channel with a DVD release showcasing how beautiful Joanna Cameron was is my #1 wish for Saturday morning TV!

6. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

I've been in correspondence with Entertainment Rights' Filmation Brand Manager, Gilliam Thomas, who has said, quote:

So, not too much room for optimism, unless someone wanted to do a live-action movie to do a tie-in...

By the way, any fans of Isis (or Shazam, Ark II, Jason of Star Command or Space Academy) should drop by my fan sites. Episode guides, cast interviews, etc.

Unofficial Filmation Appreciation Pages

7. Stephane

Really, 1975... geezzz, that would make me like 7 years old. Holly, what was I watching when I was younger. I guess that this is where my facination with Egypt came from to be truthful. I plan on going at least once to the Gyza plateau and see the Pyramides for myself. If it is alowed I would like to climb on to its highest point and look at the surroundings.

Thanks for the Info

Stephane