What's new

ISF'r for sound equipment (1 Viewer)

peter m. wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I live in Toronto and started getting into HT about 3 years ago. I purchased what was state of the art for a HD ready rptv at the time and invested in Michael TLV's ISF magic, so, on the video side am very happy.

the chance came up to buy a couple of previously enjoyed audio items a Denon 5800 and a pair of Totem model 1 speakers.
I know that the Denon is a pretty sophiscticated (lots of buttons and stuff) receiver, and the Totem's are 4ohm's where the rest of the speakers are 8ohm.

so i was wondering if anyone knew someone in the area that i could get (paid of course) to set everything up including the remote. i would want everything balanced with whatever equipment was approprate and a tutorial on how to use the remote after it was setup.

I'm really not much of a tweaker so this kind of help would save me "beaucoup aggravation". It doesn't have to be someone who does this for a living necessarilly, but he or she would then certainly have to know this receiver backwords and forwards and how to find the sweet spot in the room and move and install (afix to wall or ceiling) speakers if necessary.

if any of you know someone or feel that is you i am describing, please pm me or post here.

thanks
peter m.

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Peter,
Unfortunately, only a custom installer can professionally do what you are asking (IMHO). The problem is that they are a) extremely busy doing jobs that they've sold and b) they don't touch jobs when they didn't sell the equipment and c) they are very expensive.
For instance, if I were to consider your job the charges would be in the thousands, not the hundreds (U.S. $$, of course). :)
I'm not trying to discourage you but I don't think that you'll find what you want without using a professional integrator and they aren't likely to consider the job. Good luck.

peter m. wilson

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for your candor Bill, i'm not sure that the Canadian market can support that type of fee for a one room setup but i would expect something in the $400.00 range for what should take about 4hrs.

If i can't find someone who'se qualified and interested for that amount, i'll have to read the owners manual and do it myself.

It was $600.00cdn to do a 6hr full ISF on my tv.

peter m.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks