What's new

ISF Video Cals: New Eng, Southern States, FL, LA/SanDiego, N East, Maritime Canada, Vegas, Texas (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi! I figure it is way past time to update my travel thread.

Here is quick summary:

New England: Monthly

May 2005: North Eastern States including South to Indianapolis to Kansas City to Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburg, and all points in between May 2005. E states include: CT,NY,OH,WI,MI,IL,MN,MO,IN, etc. Please send me an email if you are near any of these areas and I will do my best to accommodate you.

Florida June 2005

LA San Diego and areas July 2005

Vegas Summer 2005

Houston Austin San Antonio Summer 2005

Maritime Canada July and August 2005

If you do not see your area on my list please email me... I can be flexible and change scheduling to meet your needs.

Regular service includes: MA, ME, VT, CT, NH, and RI
Regular trips to Detroit and Minneapolis via stopovers on NWA
Regular trips to Maritime Canada - twice annually December and August
Florida, tip to tip: December 2004, February 2005 June 2005 October 2005
NJ NYC PA November 2004 April 2005 June – July 2005
Upstate New York and PA November 2004 May 2005
San Diego and Los Angeles, January 2005, June 2005, Sept 2005
Indianapolis and 120 mile radius Sept 2005
Las Vegas, January 2005, July 2005
Minneapolis and area, Including Wisconsin Nov 2004 May 2005
Detroit, Nov 2004 May 2005 Nov 2005
Chicago, Nov 2004 May 2005 Nov 2005
Ohio, Nov 2004 May 2005 Nov 2005
San Francisco, Jan 2005 July 2005

North Eastern States including NH PA OH MO MN WI MI IL St Louis MO and areas (MID WEST TOUR), including OHIO and Indianapolis November 2004. Repeat in May 2005

South Eastern States including: Atlanta GA, Tennessee, North and South Carolinas, Alabama, Mississippi, Late Nov – Early December 2004 Repeat in April 2005 Repeat December 2005

Please email me if your area is not listed and I will accommodate you. [email protected]

Please also remember that affiliated calibrators of LionAV service the following areas:

Washington DC area, Chuck Williams
Dallas, Steve Martin
Phoenix AZ, Michael Hamilton
Calgary, Edmonton, Western Canada and Toronto, Michael Chen

Please feel free to ask: Michael TLV, Michael Hamilton, Chuck Williams, or Steve Martin any questions you may have of them...you can link via www.lionav.com to an ask a question form.

Thank you for looking!!!

Gregg

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
When are you planning on coming on down south Gregg?
I just have flooring to do in the H/T, we just finsihed outside sidewalks & landscaping...;)
I now have a philips 32 hdtv for you to tweak too as well as my infocus 4805, ever do one of these Philips?

PLMK-Thanks.

Jeremy Swenson

Stunt Coordinator
i live on the wisconsin/minnesota border, maybe an hour from the minneapolis airport, do you come up this way? and have you worked with the new jvc hdla tv sets? just wondering if they improve a decent amount with calibration, or if anyone has done them yet since they just came out

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Kwager
I have replied. I had a cancellation for Thursday AM and could do your Toshiba then. Please call me to discuss further.
regards

Gregg
201 232 3380

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
General question:

What should expect to be a fair price range for an ISF calibration? I guess per input, is how it's done?

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Pricing depends more on technology type than inputs.

Basically:

Travel / location fee

then

Non HD tube sets $225
HD Capable tube sets - upto 3 inputs $275
Plasmas, LCDs, DLPs, LCOS etc front and rear - upto 3 inputs $400
CRT RPTVS, setup and ISF calibration of DVD $400. Add $150 for HD ISF (including HD Convergence work - as required).
CRT Front Projectors are on a as quoted basis and depends on the amount of work needed.

Regards

Gregg

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik

Ok! I have this. I can get up to 3 inoputs done for about $275? Great! I'd have the two HD components and the HDMI done and that would be absolutely perfect. :)

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Just corrected myself, Gregg. I re-read the email and that my misunderstanding.

Here's the exact wording:

Maybe he could have been a little more specific in his use of language, but I doubt he'd charge me $280 PER input. My mistake!

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
For a few hundred (or more) reviews of my work, do a google search for Gregg Loewen. We even own the same tube.

Best wishes

Gregg

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
I know who you are Gregg. Your work and your reputation well and easily precede you. :)

Which do you recommend? DVE or Avia?

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
I'm waiting until I have at least 100 hours of use on my set, as recommended, and then I'll be ready to make a move.

I'll keep your phone number and website link handy, Gregg! :)

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Gregg,

Amazing work. The results far exceeded my whole families expectations. We are truly enjoying movies more then before. I will never have a display again that will not have this work done. Major Wow.:D

I would love to get this done if it would correct my overscan on my 62HM84. It is extremely irritating that Toshiba will not allow it to be corrected. Is it not even possible via the designer menu?

Anyone? One of the other ISF calibrationists replied in another thread with "Not really" which I dont fully understand. That leads me to believe that it may still be correctable.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
It is not correctable unless you add a scaler to the front end of your video system. (unless Toshiba decides to release additional information).

Regards

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks