ISF tech in Austin, Tx????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by brian a, Feb 19, 2002.

1. brian a

brian a Second Unit

A friend of mine just bought a Toshiba RPTV and wanted to get someone to come out and tune it. Most of the places here won't send out a tech if they didn't sell you the TV. Anyone know of anyone in town doing independant ISF work?

brianca.

2. Scott Diedrick

I am bumping this up because I just bought a Toshiba 53H71 set and am looking into who/how much an ISF tech would be. Are there any in the Central Texas area?

Scott

3. Jason_H

Jason_H Second Unit

I am in Houston and would LOVE to see one of the better ISF techs do a Texas tour.

4. Greg Risley

Greg Risley Second Unit

There is a place in San Antonio called Bjorns Audio Video. I know they will come to Austin but I have never used their services before but I got a quote from them a year or so ago and it seemed reasonable but I sold the projector I was going to have isf'ed, so I never followed through. If you get a chance visit their store. It is pretty good size and really cool. Their main theater was featured in HT magazine since it has the 10.2 sound in it and it sounds amazing.
    Greg
    Here is a link.
    http://www.isfcalibration.com

5. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Auditioning

I will be in Austin May 17-22 and may be able to squeeze in one or two more customers. It may be too soon for someone who just bought their TV, though, as it needs to break in for about a month.

I also make it down to Houston periodically, next trip will probably be July or August.