ISF Stamp of Approval or Would a Sponge Bob logo do as well?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Chu Gai, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

People have asked about the importance of the ISF specification for video cables. Some have trusted in this
    specification yet know nothing about it. Some wonder if it's like THX, Good Housekeeping, etc. The purpose of this
    post is to present the details of it as I understand it and to offer my comments and opinions.
    To begin with, a link to the specification can be found here.

http://www.imagingscience.com/isfwire.html

Note first that the ISF states the following:

2. Brian OK

Brian OK Supporting Actor

Chu,

I have owned the Monster M1000SV ISF Certified Component Video cable ($200. 2M) and sold it off for a BetterCables Ultra (Canare) and it easily trumped the Monster.

My take is that Mr. Lee of Monster sent an early seed check to Joe Kane when Joe was getting things going years ago. Purely conjecture, but Monster was so early in attaching that fancy Gold Seal sticker stating that they were ISF Certified that the general public just swallowed it whole.... no burp followed 8>o...... I guess I swallowed too $*)

Years later I only respect individual ISF Techs who blaze the trail and gets sets the way they should be. My hats off to ISF techs who care about their work. And I read about their successes all the time.
    As far as "gear" that is ISF Certified, I pay it no attention.

Good post, as I believe that over time, the mystical attraction, if it ever existed, about ISF Certified Video Cables has long since lifted only to reveal marketing goooobly.

BOK

my .02

BOK

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

That's why I said the Sponge Bob thing. Yes, a good mechanic regardless of the field is to be appreciated.