What's new

ISF in L.A./Orange Co. area (1 Viewer)

James Herrod

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody have some recommendations for a good ISF tech in Orange Co. CA. I'm primarily interested in the I2C fix for the red push in my Mits 55411. Also, I tried the RF attenuator in the red component feed and it blocks the red signal completely. I'm obviously doing something wrong. I got the red component cable going from the TV to the output side of the attenuator using an adaptor. The input side I have connected directly to the red component out on the DVD player via a coax to RCA adaptor. Anyway, the red is blocked so if anybody can give me a rundown on how to properly install this attenuator rig, that would be great. Thanks Much. Jim

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi James, glad to help with the attenuator thingy. Which type do you have? You just place it on the red component cable (HD done separately), if it isnt working try turning it around 180 degrees.
BTW, I service southern CA and will be there from Jan 4-28th. Let me know at [email protected] if interested.
Regards
Gregg

James Herrod

Stunt Coordinator
I have on of those RF attenuators from Radio Shack that has the knob in the center and female coax connectors on either side. I guess my question would be: do I need to run two sets of component cables on either side of the attenuator or can I just plug one side of the attenuator to the component out on the DVD player? Haven't tried flipping it 180 deg. yet. I'll try that next. Jim

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
you can plug it in directly. Turn the attenuator to its lowest setting, then advance to your liking. TRY TURNING IT AROUND!!

Best of luck

James Herrod

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, we're good to go. Flipped it around and it works fine. I adjusted it using the red sweater and tie test on the Sound & Vision HT Tune-up disc and ended up with the dial adjusted slighted lower than max. Not sure if there are any more detailed red push tests out there. Anyway, thanks a million for the help. Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks