What's new

ISF calibrator and 61SWX10B pro help needed (1 Viewer)

Skripo

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
4 years after buying this set I finally decided to get an ISF calibration. I called a locally certified ISF calibrator and the long awaited day finally arrived. Unfortunately this guy has only been doing it 3 years and had not had much experience with projection tv's.

I supplied him the service manual and he got to work calibrating the TV. He started with a converence but that was before he adjusted the overscan and picture position, which where both wildly off due to a previous repair.

Once he finished he had to do it all over again because the overscan and picture position was off and had to be readjusted. I had tried to tell him but didn't want to appear to be telling him his job.

Finally it was time to adjust the colors and this is where things got really funky. He tried to adjust the colors in the first service menu page. I had read the manual and informed him that those where cool reference settings and those where not the ones he should use because they are the baseline values used to calculate warm and normal. Unfortunately he could not find the settings for the RGB so I now have a TV that has to be left in cool mode to look normal. My convergence is also still off.

Can anyone tell me where in the service menu I can set the RGB values? I also want to cement the menu settings (which he used adjusted) in the service menu. Where do I ifind the contrast, bright, hue, and color?

Thanks!

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

There's a page button on the remote or you just keep scrolling down to get to the user items.

Clicking on the RGB items usually cycles through the warm and medium settings too ...

There are good doctors and bad doctors ... and some doctors that don't like to upgrade their knowledge.

Not a complete calibration job, but you have to ask for those and they usually cost more.

Regards

Skripo

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
It would be a little presumptious of me, or anyone for that matter, to expect every ISF certified tech to know every service menu in every TV, especially a projector.

Does anyone know the answer to my original question? You CANNOT go to warm and normal modes. The service manual clearly states that all the other modes are FUNCTIONS of the cool mode. Making changes here is futile.

What my ISF guy needs to do is put the TV in normal mode and them adjust the colors. How does he do that?

Michael TLV

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Then set the TV to normal mode ... go into the service menu .. make the changes in the cool mode ... come out ... take a reading in the normal mode and continue until it gets done.

Just don't take a reading in the service mode. All readings should occur in the TV mode.

Regards

Skripo

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
That is a good idea but a little tedious. Below are the service menu settings, can you tell me which ones should be used to adjust the RGB values, hue, contrast, sharpness, brightness, color, etc? Basically I want him to adjust RGB and set the default values for the regular menus so I can leave them at zero and have a calibrated set.

The ISF tech is coming tomorrow morning. Thank you for all your help so far!

Service menu:

RGBOUT0
SUB-BRT
G-DRV-H
G-DRV-M
G-DRV-S
R-DRV-H
R-DRV-M
R-DRV-S
R-CUT-H
R-CUT-M
R-CUT-S
G-CUT-H
G-CUT-M
G-CUT-S
B-CUT-H
B-CUT-M
B-CUT-S
SUBCNT0
COLOR-4
COLOR-F
COLOR-G
TINT-4
TINT-F
TINT-G
SHARP-4
SHARP-A
SHARP-B
SHARP-9
SHARP-E
RY-PH-4
RY-PH-F
RY-PH-G
R/B-GA4
R/B-GAF
R/B-GAG
GY-PH-4
GY-PH-F
GY-PH-G
G/B-GA4
G/B-GAF
G/B-GAG
DC-PNT0
DC-RET0
DC-LMT0
DABLPN0
DABLGA0
H-POSI
H-POSIH
H-POSID
APRTR-4
APRTR-A
APRTR-C
APRTR-E
CLT-4
CLT-A
CLT-C
CLT-E
SRT-TR4
SRT-TRA
SRT-TRC
SRT-TRE
SRT-FQ4
SRT-FQA
SRT-FQC
SRT-FQE
VSM-PH4
VSM-PHA
VSM-PHC
VSM-PHE
VSMGA4
VSMGAA
VSMGAC
VSMGAE
VSMGAM4
VSMGAMA
VSMGAMC
VSMGAME
CDE-4
CDE-A
CDE-C
CDE-E
CLPPHS0
HBPPH10
HBPPH20
DCUBRT0
DCUCNT0
OSDACL0
OSDBRT0
OSDCNT0
DCRRSW0
COLORG0
YCGA-0
BSP-0
APL/BS0
BLC-0
BDL-0
BS-ARE0
SRTGA-0
WPL-LE0
ABL-PN0
ABL-GA0
TYNCG10
DYNCG20
STATG10
STATG20
YOUTG-0
Y-DTL-0
WP-PNT0
WP-GA-0
HI-VRT0
WPS-0
BLS-0
G-STR-0
BSTRG-0
BSTRP-0
BSCHR10
BSCHR20
SCT-SW0
BBE-LO
BBE-HI
AGC
SURR
OSD-HP
OSD-VP
OSDCL12
OSDCL3
SMPLING
POLLING
START
TIMEOUT
STATUS
WAIT
REPEAT
HFRQ-N
SUBBRTH
M-CONT-H
M-CLR-H
S-CONT-H
S-CLR-H
INPUT1
INPUT2
SYNCDET
F-STD
H-STD
NOISE
DYGA
DCGA
VAPGA
VAPIN
YHCOR
HSYNC-M
VSYNC-M
CSYNC-M
HSYNC-S
VSYNC-S
CSYNC-S
M-CONT1
M-CONT3
M-CONTD
M-COR-1
M-COR-3
M-COR-D
MTINT-1
MTINT-3
MTINT-D
MTOFF00
MTOFQ-0
S-CONT2
S-CONT3
S-CONTD
S-CLR-2
S-CLR-3
S-CLR-D
STINT-2
STINT-3
STINT-D
STOFF00
STOFQ-0
Y-DL1-4
Y-DL1-D
Y-DL2-0
YBLACK4
YBLACKD
BBLACK4
BBLACKD
RBLACK4
RBLACKD
AFCRAN4
AFCRAND
F-DET4
HSEPL-4
HSEPL-5
HSEPL-6
HSEPL-C
VSEPL-4
VSEPL-5
VSEPL-6
VSEPL-C
DSEPL-A
DSEPL-C
AFCMD-L
AFCMD-3
AFCMD-D
VMODE-4
VMODE-5
48ISEP4
BANDW-4
BANDW-5
HDPOSI4
HDPOSI5
HDPOSI6
HDPOSI7
HDPOSIK

Michael TLV

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen

YOu said the color temp stuff was separate ... it is not. It's all in the SM as I noted above. You can do standard ... med and cool directly here. Obviously you have to have selected that in the user menu to see a change.

There are even more tweaks that you can do here than I have mentioned. You will have to get a full service calibrator to apply those and the stuff above in confidence. (Or research it and figure it out yourself.)

Regards

Skripo

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
Just a couple more questions:

When we tried to adjust SUB-BRT ... brightness master control, it seemed to have a differnt type of effect than the user brightness control. Is this possible?

Are these the equivalent of the the Cool, Standard, and Warm? I guess we leave these as is right?

And just to be crystal clear, which ones should we use to adjust the colors, these ones?

COLOR-4 ... here are the color ones ... depends on the signal type ... 480i or p or 1080i or Ant.
COLOR-F ... ditto
COLOR-G ... ditto

If I understand properly, each one of these 3 settings will retain a different value for each scan rate so we need to balance in each scan rate right? Do we really need to do the interlace and progressive mode of each scan rate or do we only need to change between 480, 720, 1080 etc? How do I insure that I am in the right color temp mode when setting these or is there 3 seperate settings, 1 set for ech mode?

Thanks again!

Skripo

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
And yet another query. Is there any place that I can get a listing of each paramater and what it does?

I really want my ISF guy to tune my set properly.

Michael TLV

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

No ... there is no place to find a definition of this stuff except in my mind and the minds of good calibrators/tweakers and the engineers at Hitachi.

Pick your color temp before you enter the service menu. Once in there ... you can't change temp or input signal types really.

Sub Brt has more range than the user control ... that is normal.

If you want warm to be the "correct" grayscale ... then you work on the warm parameters for grayscale.

Regards

Skripo

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
Now I am totally confused. Is there any chance my ISF guy can give you a call? He is here now and the Color Facts is hooked up. Can you PM me your number?

I COMPLETELY understand if you don't want to, just desperate to get this done properly, we are going nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks