What's new

ISF calibration report (1 Viewer)

Erik_C

Stunt Coordinator
Chuck Williams came by my apartment and did the ISF thing to my 32XBR450. ISF calibration makes a huge difference. Colors are, for lack of a better word, more pure -- especially reds. And there's so much more detail. You can see every imperfection in peoples's faces, makeup notwithstaning. It's a little odd at first, but then you realize that it's accurate, and understand just what you were missing out on before.

The interesting thing is that my XBR, in Warm/Movie mode, tracked grayscale from 6480 - 6740 pre-calibration. After, it's 6500 - 6580!!!!! But what those numbers do not reflect is that pre-calibration, the tv had a noticeable green hue to it. Post-calibration, it's deat nuts accurate. The green hue is gone.

Chuck also convinced me to get HD. I live in DC, and we've got a few HD channels. My Samsung HD box arrives Friday. I can't wait! $449 at jandr.com after rebate.

Anyway, ISF calibration made a big difference to my already-excellent tv. I can't imagine someone wouldn't benefit from it. The hype is justified. Chuck Williams, and ISF calibration, both are highly recommended.

-Erik

Patrick_T

Agent
Hey,

I have a 32xbr450 also and was wondering how much it cost to have the isf calibration done on this set? Also, for the quoted price what exactly was done, if you know? Thanks

Erik_C

Stunt Coordinator
$285 total, broken down as follows: Calibration: $200; Service Call: $75; Parking: $10. For that, I got grayscale and color temperature, brightness, contrast, color, tint, sharpness all set perfectly, including the 1080i (HD) inputs. You get some paperwork to go with it, icluding a before/after graph, and instructions on where to set the user menu controls should they become changed. And you get to watch and pick the calibrator's brain while he does it.

-Erik

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Hi Erik,

Please report back once you get your HD setup going. I'm curious as to how HD will look on that set. I've been considering getting one.

Thanks,

Jeff

Chris Vargas

Agent
Hope some of the DC/VA people are still looking at this thread... I'm interested in getting ISF calibration too. Is the Chuck Williams you're talking about the same as "Williams Electronics" that comes up when you search for DC-area ISF people at the Imaging Science website?

If not (or even if so) what's a contact number for him? I want to get in his queue.

Thanks.

Oh, PS... would he do convergence too (obviously for more $$$)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks