What's new

ISF Calibration on smaller TVs (1 Viewer)

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
I just recently got Time Warner cable with a few HD channels and was considering finally getting my Toshiba 40H80 ISF calibrated. I was reading some of the reviews from people who say how much difference it has made on their set, but I noticed that a lot of these people have 65" or 56" sets. I was hoping someone with a smaller size tv (mine is 40") could tell me what they thought of their calibration and the differences it made for them. Am I still going to get $600 worth of value even though my screen is less than half the size of some of the larger ones?

Dwight Amato

Stunt Coordinator
I think it depends on the picture you already have on your set. I spend a ton of my 47" before getting it calibrated. I did VE, as well as mechanical and electrical focus, 64 point convergence, and geometry. When I had it calibrated even the ISF commented how my picture was so much better then what he normally sees.

For me, the difference was not that great on 480p settings since I had that done so well. Proper grayscale is nicer though, and I have much less fear over burn in images from static images. The big difference was in 1080i, which was way off on my set. Without the ability to calibrate my 1080i source I needed the ISF to do his magic. Even on a 47" the difference was pretty dramatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks