1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

ISF calibration is D/FW area.....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DavidMich, Dec 13, 2001.

1. DavidMich

DavidMich Stunt Coordinator

I did it. I finally did it. I ordered the SD533HD5 Pioneer. It will eventually go up into the game room when plasma screen prices go down a bit.[​IMG]
    But for now, this is going to be my theater display device.
    Now, I want to set up a calibration from someone who really knows their stuff. I'm talking about getting EVERYTHING done that can be done to optimize the picture at once. I don't have the time for endless tweaking (and frankly, don't have the patience and courage!)[​IMG]
    Who should I call once I have my 100 hours on the set?
    What about just leaving the set on for 5 days straight?
    (That would speed things up, huh?)
    Please help......as always, I value each opinion!!

2. Eliab

Eliab Agent

DavidMich,
    I may down your neck of the woods sometime in March. If you haven't found anyone by then to perform the calibration, I'd be more than happy to bring your RPTV into videophile heaven! [​IMG]
    Here's a link to a tour of Ohio that I'll be performing in February:
    http://www.hometheaterspot.com/ubb/u...&f=21&t=002984
    Eliab

3. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona Screenwriter

Henry Carmona
    Eliab,
    Will you or anyone you recommend ever be coming down to San Antonio?

4. Eliab

Eliab Agent

Henry,
    Thanks very much for your interest!
    I don’t personally know anyone in your area so I couldn’t give you an honest recommendation. You may, however, want to check the dealer listing on the ISF web site though.
    The Ohio Tour (and surrounding areas) is growing at such a rate, that I may stay out on the road for much longer than I originally anticipated. With that said, if there is enough interest generated between Ohio and Texas, I’d be more than happy to accommodate those individuals.
    I hope that this helps you some. Thanks again! [​IMG]
    Eliab

5. Chad Anson

Chad Anson Second Unit

Henry,

I'm in Austin and had my non-HD set calibrated by Louis Carliner a couple of years ago while he was on a Texas trip. I asked him if he recommended anyone in the area in case I needed a touch-up and he wasn't around. He recommended Bjorn's in San Antonio. I've never had a need to call on them, but you might give it a shot.