1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

ISD or NSD? how to know

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by brentSkieb, Jun 28, 2006.

1. brentSkieb

brentSkieb Extra

After all the great feedback I got regarding SVS subwoofers,I recently ordered the PB12-NSD.

However,upon receiving it, I noticed that the serial # sticker on the back had it labeled as a PB12-ISD.

(which sounded a little strange as the stickers can't cost more than a few cents)

I'd just like to make sure I received the new NSD model and not the end stock of the old ISD's.

Has anyone else who's purchased the NSD recently have the sticker on the back say PB12-ISD or does it say NSD????

I'd really like to know for my own peace of mind!!

Feedback appreciated,
    Brentski

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    NSD drivers have black anodized cones, so you can tell them apart pretty quick (at least I thought that's what they said).

3. Robb Roy

Robb Roy Supporting Actor

If your sub shipped after March, it's got an NSD driver in it.

While a single sticker is cheap, the stack of tags they bought no doubt cost more than a few cents, so they're probably just running through those. The important thing about the sticker is the serial number, not the label.

-Robb

4. BrianTwig

BrianTwig Second Unit

Brent,

Mine has the ISD sticker as well. Checked last night. But it was ordered after March, so I suppose its an NSD. But I have no way of knowing this and have no idea how to check on it.

5. BrianTwig

BrianTwig Second Unit

Brent,

Mine has the ISD sticker as well. Checked last night. But it was ordered after March, so I suppose its an NSD. But I have no way of knowing this and have no idea how to check on it.

6. BrianTwig

BrianTwig Second Unit

Brent,

7. brentSkieb

brentSkieb Extra

Thanks for the response.

I posted the same question on the AVs forum and got a lot of feedback.

It seems that someone who just received their sub. had also received a flyer in their carton that explains the reason for the mix-up,basically explaining they wanted to use up all their remaining printed materials from the ISD model(packaging,manuals,etc.)to help keep costs down.

I called Erik at SVS and asked him to send me a copy. He e-mailed me a copy right away which I printed out to keep with my paperwork (in case there's ever any question).

He also told me that SVS knows by the serial # of the speaker which model it is should it ever need to be verified.

Here's a link and if you scroll down to # 13 you'll see a copy.It refers to the PB10-NSD but there's also one for the PB12-NSD

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...69#post7917769

This resolves the situation so I don't have to wonder anymore if I received the correct speaker or not.

8. Neil White

Neil White Supporting Actor

Hmmm, I ordered a new PB10-NSD. The box says it's an ISD. Not opened it yet to check.

Update: Sure enough, there's a leaflet in the top of the box explaining.

9. douglas-b

douglas-b Stunt Coordinator

Douglas Berry
    Basket is "Black" and so is the "Magnet".

Oh yea, I've got one so I know. [​IMG]