iscan pro

Discussion in 'Displays' started by jimWright, Feb 1, 2005.

1. jimWright

jimWright Auditioning

I just purchased an iScan pro scaler. I have a sony 1270crt projector. the scaler has an s video in put, an RGB/YPbPr output. My projector has an S video input. How do I connect the two (from my dvd player). Thank you Jim Wright[​IMG]

2. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

The iScan Pro (and also all iScans and other de-interlacer scalers) will not work with a projector with just S-video and composite video inputs. The projector must have a 480p component video or 640x480x60 VGA input.

Video hints:
    http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/viddoubl.htm

3. John S

John S Producer

Knowing that projector is pretty old... Can I ask what you are attempting to accomplish with the scaler and that projector? Way over kill if all you needed was some video switching, that's for sure.

4. jimWright

jimWright Auditioning

Just so you know I found a connector for my iScan Pro to Sony Crt. Its called a vga breakout. CRT Cinema.com. Its a 15 pin vga to 5 bnc connector. The scaler will take a 480i and 570i and convert to 480p. Also, the crt projectors are an aging technology but with the life of the lens' in todays dlp or lcd projectors, the crt is a superior picture. There is a process out there for refurbishing lenses for the crt's. Down side of course, is mounting a 200# unit to your ceiling. But it is a great picture.

5. John S

John S Producer

So that projector does take 480p??? Interesting, I even did some lookups on it, and nothing made mention of that fact. I agree, keep using that projector. ED / 480p is a totally repectable resolution in even todays displaying of HD in my opinion.

Thats pretty neato... So.....

Give us some impressions going from the Svideo (480i) feed to the 480p feed on it please. I come across these used fairly often, they seem to last forever on the relaibility count.