What's new

iscan pro (1 Viewer)

DarylA

Agent
I am interested in purchasing/using the iscan pro line doubler in my home theater. I have a Hitachi 43" Widescreen HD Ready RPTV Model #43FWX20B. I keep reading a bunch of information but have not come across anything that clearly states that I can use the iscan with this rptv. I know it may seem basic and maybe I don't get it but... is the iscan compatible/usable with my type of rptv? Thanks for any help answering my stupid question.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
If your HDTV is capable of accepting a 480p image through its Component inputs, it'll work. You may need to buy an adapting cable, but it will work. The Iscan I have has VGA outs, so I have to use a cable that has VGA on one end, and component RCA on the other. I use one at home for my satellite, Laserdisc, SVHS, and PS2. My DVD player is the Denon 2900, so I use its built in silicon scaler. If your DVD player has a quality internal scaler, you may not need an Iscan, but if you are using it to process other sources, like I am, then youll see an improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks