What's new

International ISADORA AND 3 BRANDO 60’S FILMS ON BLU AND ALL REGION. (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I think it was Secret Ceremony. They added a bunch of cut stuff back into Earthquake, too, which made its television version endless.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
So, so far I have a list that includes Night of the Following Day, Secret Ceremony (still checking on Boom) and of course the most infamous of the Universal reshot TV versions, Two Minute Warning.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
So, so far I have a list that includes Night of the Following Day, Secret Ceremony (still checking on Boom) and of course the most infamous of the Universal reshot TV versions, Two Minute Warning.

For Hammer's Evil of Frankenstein and Kiss of the Vampire, Universal had scenes with unrelated actors shot in Hollywood and added to their TV prints (and changed the title for Kiss to Kiss of Evil).

And there's the famous Universal TV edit of Rear Window from the late 80s where they added a dream sequence for Jimmy Stewart.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Midway also had a bunch of additional scenes shot specifically for its TV version.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
The recent Shout Factory blu ray of Eye Of The Cat (1969) includes the 4x3 TV cut in standard definition.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Did they shoot scenes specifically for the TV version of Eye of the Cat - I have the Blu and am currently watching the regular version.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Did they shoot scenes specifically for the TV version of Eye of the Cat - I have the Blu and am currently watching the regular version.

Like you, I just watched the theatrical cut only. But I did a very quick scan of the TV cut (the running time is the same) and the only thing I noticed was at the very end there's a shot of Michael Sarrazin on the street looking back at the house as he walks away which is not in the theatrical cut. I did find this on the "trivia" section of the film's IMDb page:

"Film had a re-shot alternate ending which was less horrific and graphic when the film was shown on television in the early 1970s. This alternate ending can be seen in multiple home released versions available on the Internet."

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I scanned it, too - the most obvious stuff, which was covered during production, not as an afterthought, was the nudity in the opening scene.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
My copy of A Countess from Hong Kong arrived the other day. I'd never seen the film before... sort of a disappointment, but I agree, it looks beautiful (and so do Sophia and Tippi)! I love Vanessa Redgrave, so I'll pick up Isadora eventually.

Personally, I consider this film to be deplorable in spite of (or perhaps because of) its cast, and try to forget that it is part of Chaplin's filmography. I'm an end-game Chaplin denier...not something I like to be when it comes to almost any other issue. To quote Jeffrey Jones in AMADEUS, "There t'is."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks