Is your Saturday Masters in HD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Kraus, Apr 7, 2001.

1. David Kraus

David Kraus Auditioning

Thursday and Friday Masters coverage was in HD but today it is'nt. Could they be having HD technical difficulties? Can someone confirm with me that the Masters is in SD today?
    David

2. Jeff Beverly

Jeff Beverly Extra

i had to call the orlando affiliate to check - they hadn't flipped the switch yet - sheesh!
    right now, i am only getting the back 9 with second-rate announcers. i had read somewhere that the weekend coverage would be the same as SD (i.e., feherty, venturi, nantz, etc...)
    the picture is great, but the commentary SUCKS.
    ------------------
    My HT Pics

3. David Kraus

David Kraus Auditioning

They must have just turned the switch on here in Philly. My broadcast just switched to HD. I am lucky enough to have two STB receivers on my Pro 510 so I just listed to the SB broadcast and watch the HD broadcast.
    David

4. Jeff Beverly

Jeff Beverly Extra

are the commentaries matched up with the visuals? it seems like the SD broadcast is on different holes than the HD... if they get in sync, i will switch to the local CBS radio simulcast.
    ------------------
    My HT Pics

5. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Wow...HDTV never ceases to amaze me. This is gorgeous.
    - Steve

6. David Kraus

David Kraus Auditioning

"are the commentaries matched up with the visuals? it seems like the SD broadcast is on different holes than the HD..."
    Actually, the HDTV broadcast is usually ahead of the SB. The commentary rarely matches. The HD broadcast is outstanding with every green ungulation more clear and self-evident.

7. Andy L

Andy L Stunt Coordinator

The HD broadcast is a completely separate production from the analog broadcast. Thus, they are often on different holes from the analog broadcast and require a different announcing crew. I agree that this crew is second rate compared with the main group. One bonus is that there weren't any commercials on the HD feed.
    Andy

8. AllenD

AllenD Second Unit

HD all the way here in LA. Loved the close-ups of bunker shots. The 13th hole has some beautiful azaleas (sp?). The detail is amazing! I can see they used fallen pine needles to change the color of the ground where the azaleas where planted. (Good gardening tip for me. Another reason to justify the HD investment to the wife. "See honey, I learned this while watching The Masters in HD! [​IMG] ) Can't wait until tomorrow, and I don't even golf.