What's new

Is/Will there ever be a 5.1 version of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? (2 Viewers)

BrentJ

Second Unit
Why did this movie not come with at least a dd 5.1 track? I love this movie, but watching it in dd 2.0 kind of sucks. Anyone know of a 5.1 version anywhere or if they are planning a new version later? thanks

BrentJ

Second Unit
Is there anyway for me to get a copy of this? I'm in the United States. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Well, just make sure you check the audio specs on that Japanese disc if you really want 5.1 sound. I know there was a US dts laser disc released, the only one I've ever seen with dts 2.0(ProLogic-compatible).

Basically, I don't know if there ever was a 5.1 mix made for this movie, it certainly wasn't ever shown theatrically in 5.1 (AFAIK...)

Aaron Carr

Agent
I have the Japanese R2 disc and it has both DTS 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks with optional subs and the video is Anamorphic Widescreen.

TobyV

Auditioning
there is a german R2 edition which seems to have 5.1 in English.. you can get it from amazon.de for €16 + postage.

There will be a new version released by Criterion early next year which includes a Dolby Digital 5.1 as well as a DTS 5.1 soundtrack.

------
Markus

Users who are viewing this thread